My Tuning/Logs

Discussion of tuning specific to CX-7 vehicles
lildisco

My Tuning/Logs

Post by lildisco »

Just wanted a thread with my own log files for future reference and Advice if anyone has some. I know nothing about tuning, so input would be very helpful!
Attachments
After Tune.zip
(113.12 KiB) Downloaded 578 times
Stock Highway Cruise.zip
(63.34 KiB) Downloaded 510 times
Stock Cruise.zip
(33.21 KiB) Downloaded 548 times
Last edited by lildisco on May 24th, 2012, 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lildisco

Re: My Tuning/Logs

Post by lildisco »

Did some data logging tonight. besides the knock, seems to be a alright tune, but i'm a noob
Attachments
Cruise.zip
(250.78 KiB) Downloaded 535 times
WOT.zip
(6.21 KiB) Downloaded 538 times
ColdStartup&cruise.zip
(142.92 KiB) Downloaded 589 times
lildisco

Post by lildisco »

burned through nearly 1/2 a tank on Waynes Tune and decided to fill up while gas prices are still low. Got slightly better mileage compared to last time. 186 miles on 8.69 gallons for 21.41mpg. Pretty good, I was hoping for more, but can't complain. I wanted to get some time on versatune's Base 93Octane tune before my beta testing time is over. It 'feels' as though Waynes Tune provides more power on the butt dyno. i'll try some more things later after i get some more miles on the tune. My first few cruising logs are just after the flash. The WOT's are after a 20 mile warm up with the tune. I got 1.41 degrees of knock with Versatune's tune on the WOT runs. I also got 5.63 degrees of knock just cruising with VT's Tune, but i just flashed the tune with that log. I got 2.11 degrees of knock while cruising after i did the WOT runs w/VT's tune. We'll see.

so after my few weeks with Waynes Tune, i got best mpg of 21.41mpg. I didn't get a chance to do all highway, but i feel based on those #'s that i should have been able to reach 25mpg w/o any issues. I was averaging 20.3mpg so that's a increase of 1.12 mpg. Not too shabby!
Attachments
VersaTuner Logs.zip
most of the cruises are within the 1st 20 miles of the power tune from Versatune
(490.65 KiB) Downloaded 641 times
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

Knock at cruise is nothing to worry about. The standard time knocks bad at part throttle.
Tuned with Image by Image

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

1.41 at WOT is pretty close to 1.8-2 which may start causing problems... while 5+ degrees of retard even at part throttle is insanely huge. You should not see more than 1.4 degrees of retard at light/part throttle and 0.7 at WOT. Take logs, monitor, see if you get these big knock retard values in about the same area of load/rpm and pull back some timing, like 1/3-1/2 the value of the KR value you've got there.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Sassimac

Post by Sassimac »

The CX7 knocks it's ring off at low and part throttle even with the stock tune. This is why I never worry about it.
Tuned with Image by Image
Now not a Beta Tester. Proud Owner of a Personal License.

I use ECU Tools for iPhone to help with Boost & AFR conversions..!!

Mods include: ETS TMIC, K&N Filter and Turbosmart BOV.
lildisco

Post by lildisco »

took a trip to watch the Grand Am Rolex Series. It was mainly highway/backroads and was pretty hot 85+ degrees out. I made some wot passes because even though the speed limit is 55mph, people seemed that 45mph or lower was just fine. I got 195 miles on 9.04 gallons for 21.6 mpg. Slightly higher than Waynes Tune, but i definitely have more highway on Versatunes Tune, but only managed .19 mpg more.

My beta testing period is nearly over, but working with Steve to keep this software, waiting to hear back from him. Any increase in mpg will be better than stock and the tune will eventually pay for itself. :drive