problem flashing tunes

Installation and Usage Support
Col

problem flashing tunes

Post by Col »

Hi Guys - I'm having a problem flashing tunes

it's been taking me 4 to 5 goes recently before I am able to flash a tune successfully. It follows the sequence of - erase old tune, flash new tune, failed flash and error message, recover to stock tune, install versatuner, erase old tune, flash new tune then round again in a circle

I've made sure everything is plugged in properly and tried different usb cables but the issue remains

I have also tried reinstalling the software on my netbook

here is the error message

what's the most likely cause? software / hardware (tactrix)?
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: problem flashing tunes

Post by mituc »

Did this started to happen recently? I'd use some contact spray both on the tactrix and on the OBD port connector (let them dry after that) and also change the USB cable.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~550BHP @35PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

Check all connections. Make sure your laptop is not going in to standby.
Col

Post by Col »

mituc wrote:Did this started to happen recently? I'd use some contact spray both on the tactrix and on the OBD port connector (let them dry after that) and also change the USB cable.
it started in the last month or so and has happened the last 3 times I flashed new tunes

I'll get hold of another cable and some contact cleaner :thumbup

Steve @ VersaTune wrote:Check all connections. Make sure your laptop is not going in to standby.
I'll double check plus I'll reinstall the tactrix driver :thumbup
nivovod

Post by nivovod »

Hi, I have bought VT few days ago. So I have a same problem. Many false efforts to write a tune. Today I downloaded EcuEdit from Tactrix site and installed it with its drivers.
Today I have flashed well.
Also after installing EcuEdit I have started it, and it seems to change adaptors firmware, maybe...
Also I turned off the radio, before I had not done this first time I could not even flash a restore tune.
Sorry for my English.
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

Unfortunately Tactrix cables sometimes have these problems, that's why we now recommend using our VersaLink cables that are manufactured to higher quality standards.
Most Tactrix problems can be resolved by changing the mini-USB cable and using a different USB port. Make sure your OBD-II port is not loose from excessive unplugging and replugging. Also try changing Windows power settings to prevent the computer from going to sleep.