You're not wrong but for someone that's new to tuning, trying to get both MAF and VE correct maybe be hard to understand and not necessarily required as with a correct MAF calibration it will be pretty close to target.
Each to their own though.
Search found 38 matches
- September 20th, 2026, 7:25 am
- Forum: NC2/3
- Topic: How to tune a GRW 1.8 header?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 458
- September 17th, 2026, 7:15 am
- Forum: NC2/3
- Topic: How to tune a GRW 1.8 header?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 458
Re: How to tune a GRW 1.8 header?
Leave the Volumetric Efficiency table stock and just modify your MAF calibration to keep your AFRs in check.
Also on a side note, targeting 0.85 lambda on NA with headers (assuming deleted cats) is probably a bit richer than I would go, try around 0.88-0.90 lambda.
Any logs would be sweet too.
Also on a side note, targeting 0.85 lambda on NA with headers (assuming deleted cats) is probably a bit richer than I would go, try around 0.88-0.90 lambda.
Any logs would be sweet too.
- September 8th, 2026, 4:47 am
- Forum: Mazda LF Engine
- Topic: Versatuner desired lambda is always 1 in the logs
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1022
Re: Versatuner desired lambda is always 1 in the logs
Should've worded it better, I meant if the OP had any logs.
- September 4th, 2026, 7:37 am
- Forum: Mazda LF Engine
- Topic: Versatuner desired lambda is always 1 in the logs
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1022
Re: Versatuner desired lambda is always 1 in the logs
Do you have any logs you can post for us to see?
- August 8th, 2026, 4:54 am
- Forum: NC1
- Topic: Global Open Loop AFR Override info
- Replies: 4
- Views: 8497
Re: Global Open Loop AFR Override info
I have never personally tuned an NC MX5 but this is my understanding of it. When you enable the AFR Override table, you can then set your AFR targets for when the car is in only in open loop to whatever you want and ignore the factory open loop AFR target tables. By default, the table is set to 14.7...
- August 7th, 2026, 5:22 am
- Forum: Mazda 2.3 DISI Turbo
- Topic: Launch Control and No Lift Shift Configuration
- Replies: 5
- Views: 44041
Re: Launch Control and No Lift Shift Configuration
Trying to understand how this works, when my accelerator pedal position never seems to register above about 67% on my 2012 mazdaspeed3. Relative throttle position seems to cap out at 77%. How do you ever see a pedal position at 98% or more?? On Gen2 Mazdaspeed 3s the throttle generally maxes around...
- June 19th, 2025, 3:59 am
- Forum: NC1
- Topic: VVT logs showing lower values
- Replies: 3
- Views: 10922
Re: VVT logs showing lower values
I suppose if the supplier sent that, then that is what should be best. They are a bit higher than what I would've expected, especially 25-30 degrees by redline. What camshafts are they? But as I stated, the cam phaser physically can't advance past 35-36 degrees of VVT advance, so anything greater th...
- June 18th, 2025, 5:09 am
- Forum: NC1
- Topic: VVT logs showing lower values
- Replies: 3
- Views: 10922
Re: VVT logs showing lower values
I may be wrong, but I believe the VVT cam phaser maxes at around 35-36 degrees. Meaning you physically can't go more then the 35-36 degrees of VVT advance, which you saw. What does your VVT map look like? It shouldn't be set to 40 degrees across the board if that is what you are inferring. On natura...
- May 2nd, 2025, 3:40 am
- Forum: NC1
- Topic: Load Logging max @ 1.4
- Replies: 2
- Views: 10617
Re: Load Logging max @ 1.4
It is possible to have a flat curve with load during WOT depending on your airflow, however I haven't seen this before on a set boost. Either way, best thing you can do is to provide a log and see what is happening with the car. On another note, there is no need to change your Volumetric Efficiency ...
- August 5th, 2024, 10:30 pm
- Forum: MAZDASPEED6/Mazda 6 MPS Tuning
- Topic: Under boosting on new turbo
- Replies: 16
- Views: 33587
Re: Under boosting on new turbo
Say as you wish, but I assure you I am aware of what I am doing. Quoting you and only quoting you, "I would not go above load 2.3 (pump gas) on these engines before 3500rpm. At 3500rpm upwards it's fine." Maybe English isn't first language, but from my understanding when you say 3500rpm up...