VersaTuner 1.7.0 Released

Global Forum and VersaTune company related announcements.
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

VersaTune is proud to announce the following changes in VersaTuner 1.7.0

Extended Load and RPM Axes

Twenty One tables deemed critical to performance tuning and drivability have had their axes extended to 4.0 load and/or 8000 RPM. The tables modified include load targeting, fueling, ignition, valve timing, throttle, and boost control. Proper tuning of large turbo equipped vehicles is finally possible. Drivability is radically improved by removing the on/off behavior of tunes limited to a load of 2.0. All extended tables have “Extended” in the table name.

Removal of injector duty cycle limit

The ECU limits injector duty cycle to 80% to prevent cylinder wall wetting and to control emissions. This limit is seen as the ECU reducing wastegate solenoid duty cycle and closing the throttle at high loads and high rpm despite load targets not being achieved. By allowing the adjustment of this limit, you can now achieve the largest possible injection pulse width - from the close of the exhaust valve through ignition. There is a new table “Max Injector DC” to control this limit.

Ability to Save As in tune editor

We have added a "Save As" button to make it easier to retain a revision history in your tune database. You can change the name, description, and revision number of the tune when you save using the save as button.

Ability to use horizontal and vertical linear interpolation as well as 2D interpolation to fill cell ranges in tables

It is now possible to fill ranges of cells with data using linear and 2D interpolation. Simply populate the ends/corners of the range and click the interpolation button to fill the cells with data. This is very useful for those who create their own table data from scratch rather than modifying OEM values. It is also useful for extending tables beyond load 2.0 in existing tunes.

Log Viewer bug fixes and performance enhancements

The Log Viewer tab now refreshes each time you click on it. Load time for the Log Viewer tab has been significantly reduced for large log databases. Data log junkies rejoice!
YuraL

Re: VersaTuner 1.7.0 Released

Post by YuraL »

When we receive the download links?
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

The download links have been emailed to all customers. They might have been marked as spam by your email client, so check your Spam folder.
If you still can't find them, write me an email, I will resend it to you.
YuraL

Post by YuraL »

Yes, you are spamer))))
Thanks!
400+ Mazda6 MPS
ATP GTX3071, AEM SRI, CPe TIP, Treadstone TR11 FMIC, 3" Rud Exhaust, KMD HPFP, Methanol Injection Kit, CP Forged Pistons, K1 Forged Rods
Tuned with Image
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Awesome, just one thing that Ive been thinking about.
We have the option to increase or decrease max IDC% but no way to monitor it or not that Ive seen.
Tuned with Image by Image
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

You can monitor tie fuel injector pulse width and them calculate the injector duty cycle using that and the RPM.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
kish89

Post by kish89 »

v1.70 installed, but I'm getting some error when trying to open Logs or Tunes.
It says "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Object reference not set to an instance of object".

Tried to uninstall v1.60 and I have deleted all VT user data, then did fresh install of v1.70, but still same error.
I'm using windows 7 64bit, still didn't try it on other winxp machine.
Eagle con. rods, Forge BPV, CorkSport SRI + TIP, Autotech HPFP internals, Custom Testpipe
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

mituc wrote:You can monitor tie fuel injector pulse width and them calculate the injector duty cycle using that and the RPM.
Figured that but would be gr8 if it was part of VT
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

kish89 wrote:v1.70 installed, but I'm getting some error when trying to open Logs or Tunes.
It says "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Object reference not set to an instance of object".

Tried to uninstall v1.60 and I have deleted all VT user data, then did fresh install of v1.70, but still same error.
I'm using windows 7 64bit, still didn't try it on other winxp machine.
Please re-download VersaTuner using the same link. There was a glitch in our build process that caused the corruption in your version. We have rebuilt your version and it seems to work fine now. Sorry about the inconvenience.
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Kevin wrote:
mituc wrote:You can monitor tie fuel injector pulse width and them calculate the injector duty cycle using that and the RPM.
Figured that but would be gr8 if it was part of VT
That is on our todo list, stay tuned.