VersaTuner 21.1 released

Global Forum and VersaTune company related announcements.
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

VersaTuner 21.1 released

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

We are happy to announce the release of VersaTuner 21.1!
As you may have noticed, we have switched the product versioning scheme to be based on the current year and the sequential release during that year. We have been stuck with VersaTuner 1.13 for too long, it is time to move on :)
But the biggest announcement is that VersaTuner is finally compatible with 2019+ Mazda MX-5 Miata ND2!
It is an important achievement, because are now able to reflash other latest generation Mazdas with 4 MB ECUs. We will be adding support for many new models, so please stay tuned.

There is feature parity with ND1. We even added over 20 new tables to both platforms with this release.

We have added support for all of the calibrations that were submitted to us during the pre-release phase. It's likely that there are still many calibrations that need to be added. We typically add them within one business day once they are reported, so don't worry if you get a message about an unsupported calibration when installing.

Our online tune database includes a 91 octane tune, a 93 octane tune, and a valet tune. If you have significant mods or want the most possible power from your setup, you can purchase the full version and self-tune or reach out to one of our authorized VersaTuner Pro tuners for a custom tune.

Gains on a stock car are not as great as they were with ND1, but that is expected as Mazda really did their homework with all the refinements in ND2.

Here is the full list of changes in this release.

Gen 4 Mazda MX-5 (ND2):
- Released support for 2019+ Mazda MX-5 Miata (ND2)

Gen 4 Mazda MX-5 (ND1):
Added new tables:
- Calc Load Limit
- Per Gear Rev Limit Threshold
- Max Calc Torque 3d - 1, 2
- Injection Timing Related 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
- Low Load Timing Adjustment - 1, 2, 3
- Unk DBW Limit
- Unk DBW Limit Related
- Gear Ratio - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, Final Drive

All platforms:
- Changed VersaTuner versioning scheme to be based on the year and the sequential release during that year (21.1, 21.2, ...)
- Support for additional ECU calibrations.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: VersaTuner 21.1 released

Post by mituc »

Since ND2 is done I guess the other SkyactivG ECUs are not far from being fully supported, right?
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

That's right, 2014-2018 Mazda 3 will come first.
Shakes N

Post by Shakes N »

Hi

I am trying to install the free version of VersaTuner21.1.0 but I keep getting an error saying "There was an error trying to activate VersaTuner: Could not connect to the VersaTuner server to validate your license. Please make sure you are connected to the internet."

I have tried on two different PCs, both with internet connection and I get this error immediately after clicking "Activate", can you please help me out.
Attachments
versa fail.PNG
versa fail.PNG (15.81 KiB) Viewed 21369 times
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Shakes N wrote: May 4th, 2021, 1:06 am Hi

I am trying to install the free version of VersaTuner21.1.0 but I keep getting an error saying "There was an error trying to activate VersaTuner: Could not connect to the VersaTuner server to validate your license. Please make sure you are connected to the internet."

I have tried on two different PCs, both with internet connection and I get this error immediately after clicking "Activate", can you please help me out.
I just tested and was able to activate successfully. Perhaps it was a temporary issue with our activation server. Please try again and make sure that you are using the latest setup package.
Jpk

Post by Jpk »

Been 2 updates in the last month but why no announcement on the forum with details of the changes like there used to be?
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

The list of updates is in the release notes anyway...
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
SelmaAdam

Post by SelmaAdam »

Thanks for the updates. They are working well. You can also add other updates.
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Jpk wrote: June 29th, 2021, 5:37 am Been 2 updates in the last month but why no announcement on the forum with details of the changes like there used to be?
Those updates only add support for additional ECU calibrations. They don't add any new functionality for existing users, that's why we don't announce them.