VersaTuner 1.10.0 Released

Global Forum and VersaTune company related announcements.
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

VersaTuner 1.10.0 Released

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

VersaTune is proud to announce the immediate availability of VersaTuner 1.10.0

The update includes these changes:
All Platforms
  • Data logging over Bluetooth (beta) - no more wires above your feet. Pair an OBDLink LX or MX interface and use the dashboard, record data logs, read and clear DTCs wirelessly at speeds of up to 50 data points per second. In fact, generic ELM327 based adapters are supported, too, but might offer lower logging rates or not work for some operations.
  • "Expert" mode in the Tune Editor that allows overriding the safe value range checks. If you are running a high power setup and need to take it to the extreme, you can use it to enter ANY value in ANY cell of ANY table, limited just by the internal code of the ECU. Please note that this feature is for advanced users only and you take the full responsibility for any side effects caused by the use of it.
  • Dashboard enhancements:
    • Log up to 16 parameters simultaneously
    • The computer will not sleep or go on standby for the entire duration of the logging session
  • Values in logs exported to CSV are now rounded properly, so they are short and easy to look at.
  • Possibility to copy the code and description of the DTC
  • New installer that installs VersaTuner into per-user locations, so multiple Windows users on the same PC can now install and use VersaTuner without any clashes of files or data.
  • Minor usability improvements of the Tune Editor.
Mazdaspeed6/Mazda6 MPS, Mazdaspeed3/Mazda3 MPS, Mazda CX-7
  • New parameters that you all have been waiting for:
    • Boost pressure
    • Injector duty cycle
  • Maximum Spark Timing Table
Mazda RX-8
  • Coil dwell value limit increased from 3000 to 7000 microseconds
Bug fixes
  • Fixed a bug that did not allow exporting CSV files on some locales.
  • Multiple other bug fixes and improvements
757CX7

Re: VersaTuner 1.10.0 Released

Post by 757CX7 »

How do I upgrade to the latest version?
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

Download links have been sent to your registered email. Please check your spam folder if you don't see it in your inbox.
757CX7

Post by 757CX7 »

awesome! Thank you for the quick reply
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

Bluetooth logging with my HP Stream 7 and OBDLink MX

mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

How's the logging resolution via bluetooth compared to the classic approach (versalink or tactrix)?

The less pleasant surprise of this update is that even though it's not a major release but just a patch release with no user interface changes, the Windows XP support was ditched. Upgrading both my workstation and my laptop to Windows 10 considering I'm using windows only for playing need for speed and for working with VT is something I was planning when the version 2 was out (it could have been now, but it's not, so probably it doesn't worth it).
I know winXP is outdated and no longer supported as an OS, but at least including a line in the specs just not to face the frustration of the failing installation could have helped.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Enki

Post by Enki »

~50 PID/sec on bluetooth
~100 PID/sec on hard wire
Later release planned for fast data access (faster logging than either above).
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

mituc wrote:The less pleasant surprise of this update is that even though it's not a major release but just a patch release with no user interface changes, the Windows XP support was ditched. Upgrading both my workstation and my laptop to Windows 10 considering I'm using windows only for playing need for speed and for working with VT is something I was planning when the version 2 was out (it could have been now, but it's not, so probably it doesn't worth it).
I know winXP is outdated and no longer supported as an OS, but at least including a line in the specs just not to face the frustration of the failing installation could have helped.
We needed to update to .NET 4.5.1 to support Bluetooth logging and keep optimizing our performance and, unfortunately, Windows XP is not supported by .NET 4.5.1. Sorry for not mentioning that in the release notes.
If you don't need the latest features, you can stick with version 1.9.5 , but I'm sure the major update that is planned in the first quarter of next year will be worth it.
Enki

Post by Enki »

Ugnius,

Are there any smaller updates planned before then?
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Enki wrote:Ugnius,

Are there any smaller updates planned before then?
Yes, we want to keep addressing the most wanted requests from the feature requests thread and release support for a couple new platforms soon.