VersaTuner 1.11.0 Released

Global Forum and VersaTune company related announcements.
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

VersaTuner 1.11.0 Released

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

VersaTuner 1.11.0 has been released today. Check your email inboxes (and spam folders) for the download link.
Here is a detailed overview of the new features:

New Platforms Supported by VersaTuner
2012- Mazda CX-5 2.2l SKYACTIV-D diesel
2013- Mazda 3 2.2l SKYACTIV-D diesel
2013- Mazda 6 2.2l SKYACTIV-D diesel
Mazda-6-SkyD-Virtual-Dyno.png
Mazda-6-SkyD-Virtual-Dyno.png (409.91 KiB) Viewed 51809 times
All Platforms
Major tune editor improvements
  • Automated translation of table descriptions to more than 110 languages using the industry’s best Google Translate engine
  • Improved performance, vastly reduced CPU usage
  • Visualization and table information parts are now separate dockable panes. You can freely dock them around, move to another monitor or hide altogether. Be in control of your screen estate!
  • Possibility to copy table descriptions to clipboard
  • Table axis headers are now locked in place while you scroll the table, making it easier to see what you are editing
  • Familiar keyboard shortcuts for efficient table editing (hover the mouse over the toolbar to see them)
Google-Translate.jpg
Google-Translate.jpg (204.59 KiB) Viewed 51809 times
DTC related improvements
  • Updated the descriptions of DTCs to include more than 4000 standard and 1400 Mazda specific DTCs
  • Progress is shown for DTC read and clear operations, allowing you to see the module currently being contacted
  • Improved performance of DTC clearing and reading
Other fixes and improvements
  • Improved load times and performance
  • Improved compatibility with lower quality J2534 cables
  • Log filenames are now saved using the 24h format
  • Log graphs are properly displayed even when zooming right after loading
  • Decimal values can be entered when configuring PID alerts
Mazda 3/6 MPS, Mazdaspeed 3/6 and Mazda CX-7
New group of tables: Absolute rev limit tables - allows rev limits greater than 8000.
New group of tables: Shift related load reduction tables - allows full disable or granular control of shift related load reduction. This is used to eliminate shift stutter and allow high load launches at high rpm. Without this, high rpm/high load launches are interpreted by the ECU as a shift event and load reduction is applied resulting in a big stutter at launch.
New table: MAF voltage range limit - allows running at full power with MAF volts greater than 4.9V. This is for use with meth injection or other auxiliary fueling where exact DI fuel metering is not necessary. Warning: MAF accuracy is very poor above 4.9V.
New table: Limp mode load limit - allows more power when operating in limp mode.

Mazda RX-8
Added new fan relay control tables - proper fan control is now possible.
GRemezov

Re: VersaTuner 1.11.0 Released

Post by GRemezov »

Hi, Ugnius!

I've noticed that “smooth shift” feature disappeared. How to set “shift related” settings to match former “smooth shift”?
CX-7 Gen1 (USA Spec.)
Corksport TMIC, Autotech HPFP internals, Test Pipe, NGK LTR7IX-11, TD05H-18G, 3-port solenoid, 3Bar MAP.
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Hi, what do you mean by "disappeared"? It should still be available.
If the "Edit Tune Customizer Profile..." button is grayed out, please flash any tune to your car. The new version can handle multiple versions of the ECU, so it needs to know the actual type of your ECU before it can allow customizing tunes.
GRemezov

Post by GRemezov »

Ok, got it! Thanks for expalantion.
CX-7 Gen1 (USA Spec.)
Corksport TMIC, Autotech HPFP internals, Test Pipe, NGK LTR7IX-11, TD05H-18G, 3-port solenoid, 3Bar MAP.
azkaz

Post by azkaz »

Hi, I was wondering how to export or save our logs in csv format for virtual dyno? I can only seem to find the save as zip file option.
I have the latest release.
Thanks
Aaron
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

azkaz wrote:Hi, I was wondering how to export or save our logs in csv format for virtual dyno? I can only seem to find the save as zip file option.
I have the latest release.
Thanks
Aaron
You need to load the log first, then click the button with numbers "1, 2, 3, 4" below the graph.
When the "Save As" dialog appears, choose "Virtual Dyno compatible CSV (*.csv)" as the output type.
Make sure that the log includes Engine RPM and Relative Throttle Position or Accelerator Pedal Position. You may also need to open the CSV file in a text editor or Excel and trim the unnecessary lines to leave only the WOT pull.
VirtualDyno.png
VirtualDyno.png (159.95 KiB) Viewed 51399 times
azkaz

Post by azkaz »

Awesome! Thanks.
azkaz

Post by azkaz »

Any chance of a brief tutorial on virtual dyno? I have imported the file with rpm and throttle selected but that's as far as I can get.

Thanks
AusMPS

Post by AusMPS »

azkaz wrote:Any chance of a brief tutorial on virtual dyno? I have imported the file with rpm and throttle selected but that's as far as I can get.

Thanks
I've just starting using Versatune and virtual dyno myself so I'm no expert but what I did was log the following PIDs: BAT, RPM, APP, RTP, Boost, Speed, Actual AFR, Fuel rail pressure, WG Duty Cycle. You probably dont need all of those but I'm not sure.

Then export the log and save as virtual dyno compatible csv. Then opened it in excel and trimmed off the excess rows of data pre & post WOT run.

You should then be able to upload the log to VD and add in vehicle details. I left the correction factors standard - Dynojet with CF 1.09.

Doing this gave me a readout of 160kw on VD which from what I've seen of others is about right for a stock MPS 3 on the stock map.
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Sorry, I don't have time for a full tutorial at the moment, but the basic idea is as follows:
1. Export the CSV from VT as Virtual Dyno compatible. Make sure that it includes Engine RPM and Relative Throttle Position or Accelerator Pedal Position. Virtual Dyno will check the throttle position or accelerator pedal position to distinguish a WOT pull from regular driving.
2. Make sure that Virtual Dyno has a definition for your car (File -> Car Editor). MS3 and MS6 are defined.
3. Load one or more runs by clicking File -> Load Runs
4. Choose your Car in the dropdown
5. Choose the Gear you were using to take the logs.
6. The graphs should be plotted. If they are trimmed incorrectly, open your CSV file in Excel and manually set Throttle Posision/Accelerator pedal position to 100% for samples that are part of the pull. Set to a lower value everywhere else or just remove all other lines.

As you can see, the whole process is quite long and cumbersome. That's why we are planning to add virtual dyno functionality into VersaTuner in future versions.