Standalone logging with the Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 and microSD

Post your feature requests here.
Dan3MPS

Standalone logging with the Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 and microSD

Post by Dan3MPS »

A feature I think would be useful is the ability to record log data directly to the microSD slot on the Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 pass through device without needing to have a PC hooked up to the car.

Perhaps having an option where in the VersaTuner software you could select which 'dashboard' you wish to have logged as a default and set the microSD slot as the location for the file to be saved, so it is set to automatically log when the ignition next gets turned on and stops logging when the card is full (even better having a new file created for each ignition on event). Then you could copy the log file/s across to your PC and analyse from there.

I don't know how difficult that would be to implement but it would be very convienient and save having to drag a laptop around.
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Re: Standalone logging with the Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 and mic

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

I have been working with Tactrix on this. It is a proprietary interface that is only accessed with their software. Feel free to send them some email to show how many are interested.
Dan3MPS

Re: Standalone logging with the Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 and mic

Post by Dan3MPS »

Will do!
jimmy.caille

Re: Standalone logging with the Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 and microSD

Post by jimmy.caille »

Hello, what is the status of this feature request ?
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Re: Standalone logging with the Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 and microSD

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

jimmy.caille wrote: May 24th, 2023, 10:14 pm Hello, what is the status of this feature request ?
We are not planning to add this feature in the near future due to the wide variety of different vehicle interfaces that can be used with VersaTuner.