Software functions

Post your feature requests here.
laxplayermjd

Software functions

Post by laxplayermjd »

I would like to see someday with addition to the custome tuning capabilites that this would double as a fully functional scan tool with access to all modules in the car.

Pretty much essentially a high end scan tool. Im a master technician and these features really appeal to me. Being able to access and read mfg specific codes.
Such as i recently had an airbag light, would like to be able read that code and clear, and possibly any other functions you may be able to add. Maybe some component activations in some modules for testing, tho im not sure how much of this may be supported in a mazda.

In addition to all mazda access id like to see to all mfg, or a generic setting, im very interested in live data and being able to graph for diagnosing other cars.

Im not sure where this software will be headed in those terms, just tossing out some ideas, right now i have a handheld scanner but woud like to upgrade to a better one to use on my laptop, if your software had these features id kill two birds with one stone, being able to tune my mazda and diagnose other cars im working on. thanks, just a thought on my part as this may strictly be towards the tuning aspect and only on mazdas
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Re: Software functions

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

Thanks, these are very good ideas.
The software is currently able to read/clear DTCs on all modules that are on the CAN bus. Problem is that ABS/DTC module in the Mazdaspeed 6 uses a different bus for diagnostic communication, which seems to be a proprietary protocol. So there is a possibility that we won't be able to read/clear DTCs on it with existing hardware interface.
Other than that, we are planning to add live data with logging possibilities very soon as well as module configuration (turn on/off autolock, seat belt warning, etc.). There are some possibilities that are available on MS6.
As for generic scan tool, that might be beyond our scope. We will add support for other makes and models, mostly Mazdas at first, but will extend to other manufacturers later. But you would need a license for each supported car or a tuner's license, which will be more expensive, but will not be limited to a single VIN.
We have some very interesting and innovative features planned, but I cannot disclose any more details, you'll just have to wait and see, but I can promise you will not be disappointed!
benp

Post by benp »

Another one to add to the potential list.

Adjustment of headlight level for those models with HID's.
fez

Post by fez »

eh? GTs have auto adjustments?
I know sports have manual knob...
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

My GT has a manual knob too. Unfortunately, ECU has no access to headlight levelers. And if it had, what would be the use case for this feature?
benp

Post by benp »

Ugnius @ VersaTune wrote:My GT has a manual knob too. Unfortunately, ECU has no access to headlight levelers. And if it had, what would be the use case for this feature?
Can't speak of the Mazda 6, but on both my Fords HID autolevel adjustment is done by the Ford diagnostics until. One car had very low levels and two minutes after arriving at dealer (and without openning bonnet) headlights readjusted.

Lights on my 6 also very low and unable to pull the level up sufficiently with manual adjusters. As the lights do their auto level at start up (based on relative position of front on rear axle levels) there must be some electronic method of readjusting. There is no manual adjust within the cabin on the European 6 MPS.
06Speed6

Post by 06Speed6 »

You need a philips screwdriver to turn the adjustment screw on the back of the headlight. It is a nylon screw so be sure that the screwdriver fits and that the adjustment screw is completely free of dirt, or you might strip it.
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

OK, I found what you are asking for, benp. European HID headlights are mandated to have autolevelers that adjust the beam angle depending on the load of the car (if you put three fat friends on the back seat, the beam is automatically moved downwards to prevent blinding oncoming traffic). And there is a procedure called HID leveler re-zero. You have to unload the car, keep it on a level surface and carry out the procedure. It will "learn" the normal angle of the car.
There is no problem in adding this feature, but only if we find out the right way to do this. We will see what we can do.