Ability to re-calibrate speedo

Post your feature requests here.
mazda6mps_gib

Ability to re-calibrate speedo

Post by mazda6mps_gib »

just changed my tires to a differant size than OEM and was wondering if this option was going to be added any time soon
manselainen

Re: Ability to re-calibrate speedo

Post by manselainen »

Would be most useful, especially with smaller winter tires speedo reads way too high and is not accurate with summer tires either. Now I have to follow Dashhawk reading which can be calibrated.
Tuned with Image by Image

3 MPS '07, BNR S3, ported IM, VTCS delete, test pipe, PTP HPFP internals, RMM
mazda6mps_gib

Post by mazda6mps_gib »

guys any update on the request?
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

We have been investigating this request, but it appears to be quite complicated. The actual speed calculation involves a number of different electronic control modules, we are trying to figure out the relationship between them. Since there were no wheel/tire options for MS6/MS3/CX7, there is a possibility that speedo calibration is actually hardcoded and cannot be changed by a simple reflash.
Do you know of any tuning solutions for the DISI that would allow calibrating the speedo?
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Personally I'm not aware of any such option. Maybe the service tools/software the mazda dealers have can change this, but when I requested this to my dealer (which is a pretty competent one) they just said they'll look into it and never did it.
Also, Hypertech has a speedo calibration tool but it's not available for the 2.3DISI or RX8, I guess there's a reason for that.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

There is no option in the Mazda MMP tool to calibrate the speedo for Gen1 DISI vehicles. It exists for other platforms though.