Logger Feature Request.

Post your feature requests here.
Sassimac

Logger Feature Request.

Post by Sassimac »

Hello There...

Would it be possible to add an indicator on the Dashboard that displays whether you are in Open or Closed Loop..??

Also, is there a PID to let you know what gear you are in? It would be handy to know what gear you were in when doing longer drive/log events.

Thanks...!!!
Tuned with Image by Image
Now not a Beta Tester. Proud Owner of a Personal License.

I use ECU Tools for iPhone to help with Boost & AFR conversions..!!

Mods include: ETS TMIC, K&N Filter and Turbosmart BOV.
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Re: Logger Feature Request.

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

We will add a closed/open loop PID. Current gear is not exposed as a PID by the ECU ROM but we will investigate what could be done about it.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: Logger Feature Request.

Post by mituc »

Just a suggestion, I'm calculating the gear based on the RPM and vehicle speed. By example, when having the speed in Kmph RPM/speed needs to be in the [4, 12] interval for the 1st gear, [13, 18] for the 2nd, [19,22] for 3rd, [25,29] for 4th, [31,39] for 5th and [41,46] for 6th. Of course, you can come up with a better way of determining the gear and/or eventually different intervals for different cars.
I had to come up with these intervals for the (rpm/speed) because:
- there's a delay between reading the two PID's for rpm and speed;
- speed is reported as an integer as far as I can tell, so 120.1kmph or 120.9Kmph are reported as 120 via OBD (at least by my dashdaq, not sure how the OBD protocol actually reports it).

The problem is that the gear option will take out one of the 12 slots currently available for logging.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP