Load cap

Post your feature requests here.
JumpingJackson

Load cap

Post by JumpingJackson »

Im very interested in Versatune as you guys actually own Mazda's. :) Are you guys able to rescale the load calculation so that people like me with big turbos dont run into the load cap?
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Re: Load cap

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

We are currently investigating load cap reasons in the ECU code. We hope to find a way to get rid of it in a nice way that will not cause any troubles with AFRs.
Steve is able to reproduce load capping even with stock turbo and ported head.
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

There are a number of load caps in the code. I am trying to find them all. I need to upgrade to a bigger turbo to test very large loads though. Since we have the ability to make changes to the code as well as the tables, I want to do this the right way. That takes R&D time. My wife will confirm that I have been hard at work on this very issue till 1:30 AM every night this week ....
JumpingJackson

Post by JumpingJackson »

This makes me very happy. haha
MPSdriver

Post by MPSdriver »

Waiting on the wife to confirm this :lol: If you guys can alter not only the tables but also the code in the ECU you're going to make a lott of people happy campers !
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

I found some more 2.5's last night. They really did not want load to exceed 2.5. Lol
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

ISO standards specify that expected load range on turbocharged engines is from 0 to 400% :)
BTW absolute load specifies how much air is in the engine compared to its displacement. Naturally aspirated engines can't reach more than 90-95% load.
JumpingJackson

Post by JumpingJackson »

How does the speed 3 / speed 6 ECU's differ. If you find one table / piece of logic is it in the same place for both?
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

I have not dug into the MS3 ECU that deeply yet. I'm sure they are very similar. Once MS6 is released, I will work on MS3.
06Speed6

Post by 06Speed6 »

Is there a way to increase the resulution of the table such that you can extend the data set covered by the table and maintain a compairable spread between the data points?

Im sure if it was possible it would have already been done, but I thought I would ask anyway.