MAFLESS!!!!!!!!

Post your feature requests here.
boloteo

MAFLESS!!!!!!!!

Post by boloteo »

Hello,

I was wondering if there is the ability to make our cars to work without the maf (mafless),especially in the big turbos applications i think it is a must....

Propably if we have it as an option just like the launch and flat.

Or

To have a tune with this option and 3.5 map ready to work..

p.s. A lot off group vag here in my country works with that way i just told you......
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Re: MAFLESS!!!!!!!!

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

A Speed Density conversion would require rewriting a significant amount of code in the ECU. The MAF is not a limitation. It can be installed in a blow-through configuration to allow VTA BOV. We have already tested a blow-through MAF configuration successfully. The only down side is that you no longer get accurate IAT values. This can be overcome by custom wiring a second MAF sensor in the intake and connecting only the IAT sensor wires.

We can handle any size MAP sensor as long as you have the scaling values. We have already tested with Bosch 3.0 and 3.5 BAR MAP sensors.
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

Can you explain a typical blow-through set up and the pro's and con's
Tuned with Image by Image

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Blow-thru is when you put the MAF sensor after the turbo and BOV. This allows VTA BOV without messing up fueling as well as simplified intake plumbing.

The downside is that it can get very turbulent air and the inlet air temp sensor is integrated into the MAF. It will see hot boost air and thing that you are taking in 50+C air. This will prevent you from tuning your boost for various ambient temps. The workaround is to install a second MAF in the intake and split the wiring between the two MAF sensors. Keep the MAF wires in the blow-thru MAF, and move the IAT wires to the extra MAF in the intake. You have to cut/splice the harness to do it.
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

Is this why people use honeycomb mesh to straighten the air?
Tuned with Image by Image

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

I use a honeycomb straightener on my draw-thru. The MAF needs straight stable flow to measure accurately. Putting the MAF after any source of turbulence is bad. The MAF should be away from recirc valve returns or bends in the piping.