STFT in open loop

Post your feature requests here.
levl

STFT in open loop

Post by levl »

Not sure if someone raised this before.
European mps ecu logic allows STFT adjustments during openloop. Unfortunately once ecu reflashed with VT this is not present any more. I’m pretty sure with STFT wot correction enabled we can hit AFR targets more accurately no matter how good maf calibration is.

P.S. Looks like in mazdaspeeds (US) ecu logic they don't have STFT correction during openloop
YuraL

Re: STFT in open loop

Post by YuraL »

I raised in PM with Steve and Ugnius :oops
400+ Mazda6 MPS
ATP GTX3071, AEM SRI, CPe TIP, Treadstone TR11 FMIC, 3" Rud Exhaust, KMD HPFP, Methanol Injection Kit, CP Forged Pistons, K1 Forged Rods
Tuned with Image
manselainen

Post by manselainen »

It does some adjustment during OL though. I've changed into ethanol mix, E25-E30 or something, but actual lambda hardly changes even if MAF cal is not touched. Injector duty cycle does change, 86%->90%. Strange...
Tuned with Image by Image

3 MPS '07, BNR S3, ported IM, VTCS delete, test pipe, PTP HPFP internals, RMM
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

We're looking into this.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Would it help if someone from Europe (and eventually Australia too) would send you the stock tune backup image so that you can adjust the default tune settings in the versatuner accordingly (eventually based on the VIN)?
The Euro models are rated at 260PS/256bhp, while the US models are rated at 263bhp. Same differences for Mazdaspeed6, the US models are rated at 273bhp while the Euro models are rated at 260PS/256bhp. And you can't get 263/273bhp with crappy US gas using the same tune as the Euro models and running on better gas... so there must be some differences.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
keridil

Post by keridil »

I've mine ready if required. ;)
Mazda 6 MPS, BPV GFB, RX-8 wheels, B8 + Eibach Pro-Kit, CS 3" SRI, GS EBCS (interrupt), CS 3" TMIC, EGR off, HPFP internals, CS catted downpipe, 3 bar MAP, BNRS3, forged engine and stuff
levl

Post by levl »

I think Steve will come up with some sort of explanation soon and they should have access to number of original European mps maps already. I have also feelings that some sort of system is still looking after our wot AFRs just not as strictly as on stock map...
YuraL

Post by YuraL »

levl wrote:I have also feelings that some sort of system is still looking after our wot AFRs just not as strictly as on stock map...
Have feellings? I have actual AFR 9.xx when methanol injected with desired AFR 12.0. :banghead
400+ Mazda6 MPS
ATP GTX3071, AEM SRI, CPe TIP, Treadstone TR11 FMIC, 3" Rud Exhaust, KMD HPFP, Methanol Injection Kit, CP Forged Pistons, K1 Forged Rods
Tuned with Image
keridil

Post by keridil »

YuraL wrote:
levl wrote:I have also feelings that some sort of system is still looking after our wot AFRs just not as strictly as on stock map...
Have feellings? I have actual AFR 9.xx when methanol injected with desired AFR 12.0. :banghead
Ouch! That hurts!!!
Mazda 6 MPS, BPV GFB, RX-8 wheels, B8 + Eibach Pro-Kit, CS 3" SRI, GS EBCS (interrupt), CS 3" TMIC, EGR off, HPFP internals, CS catted downpipe, 3 bar MAP, BNRS3, forged engine and stuff
YuraL

Post by YuraL »

Today I have written more than 10 log files with different settings. I have the same rich mixture with and without methanol.
Sorry, Guys, I'm just a fool. :banghead Forgot to move the maf tables.
But I still need to check all with big meth nozzle.
400+ Mazda6 MPS
Tuned with Image