Knock Indicator

Post your feature requests here.
mazda62006

Knock Indicator

Post by mazda62006 »

On my eclipse I had a tune solution called ECMlink. It give me the ability to see high knock when I was not logging. At least it indicated that I had exceeded a certain level of knock by flashing one of my dash light(e.g. coolant lamp). It would flash if I was exceeding 3 counts of knock or 5 counts. The number of counts was user define.

I wondering if you guys could do the same with Versatune. When the ECU sees a certain count of knock it would flash one of the dash lights. That way you wouldn't have to be logging to know if you are having a problem with knock. The user could set the count number and maybe which to flash. This could help us to know what our car is doing when not logging.
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Re: Knock Indicator

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

That is a good idea, but it would require custom coding and given the sheer amount of different calibrations that we need to support, implementing it is unlikely unless our company grows and hires more people. A much easier solution is an Android app that would allow data logging and alerting you about dangerous values. Starting an app is probably easier than hooking up your laptop/tablet each time you drive the car.