Mobile Unit or OS and Android Compatible

Post your feature requests here.
Ricardo_yen

Mobile Unit or OS and Android Compatible

Post by Ricardo_yen »

Hi All

Im not sure if this has been addressed already or even if this is the correct sub-forum to speak of,but as everyone already knows, its difficult to log and drive while looking at a laptop, especially if you are alone, (doing it on your own)

Has there been any request or progress with a mobile unit like the Dashdaq or Dashawk, or .......... Also if this is not an idea VT wishes to try,

What about VT running on different platforms like the OS for IPAD, or Android ( tablets and fones),

Even if it was just to do logging and transfer the logs to the PC, Something like a VT logger AP, thats compatible with VT thats pc based, it would just require the logger interface and if able, bluetooth compatible, for those that use the like of the elm327 or whatever,

Just a thought........ would be nice !! :burnrubber
crashdan

Re: Mobile Unit or OS and Android Compatible

Post by crashdan »

I agree that would be !
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

If you have an ELM or whatever that can work via bluetooth you can always do this yourself.
As for acquiring versatuner logs with a mobile device doesn't really make sense because:
1. CSV that you get from anything else is perfect;
2. the time resolution for those readers is not great and using the tactrix or anything else with a mobile device resumes to having a driver for that platform and that's not something that the versatuner guys are programming.

I personally use a Dashdaq for extra logging even though at least for now the MAF voltage and VVT advance are not read correctly, I'm still chasing the Drew Technologies guys to get them sorted. But I have pretty much everything else. And of course you can always go with a lot cheaper solutions for extra logging.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Ricardo_yen

Post by Ricardo_yen »

I think we losing the whole plot of this thread, currently there other ways and devise to log data with, but its not compatible with versatune,

and that the aim, to make the logs are logger compatible with VT, it makes sense if you think about it.
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

Those are very good ideas guys. We are constantly considering expanding the list of supported platforms. In the meantime, please keep an eye out on Windows 8 and, especially, Windows 8 tablets. There is going to be a vast selection of those devices when Windows 8 is officially launched at the end of this month and they have a perfect form factor for in-car logging, flashing and tuning. And the best thing is that VersaTuner works right out of the box on Windows 8 (desktop mode), its interface is optimized for touch with widely spaced buttons and simple screens.
Just make sure you get a Windows 8, not Windows RT device and make sure it has a USB port to plug your VersaLink/Tactrix.
If money is the main issue, Windows 7 tablets can already be had for as low as $400-$500.
Ricardo_yen

Post by Ricardo_yen »

ACER ICONIA W700 Windows 8, i5 - 4 Gig Ram + SSHD, Release date, 26 Oct 2012.......
SpeedRebirth

Post by SpeedRebirth »

I would really need a small device for logging/flashing. Like that new acer. The only laptop i have access to has a crappy 15 min battery and i sometimes get bluescreen. So i dont dare to flash my car with that laptop...

Android support would also be crazy fun :)
MS6 -06 VT Atmosphere Turbo GTX3076
EWG-Catless DP-3,25" MAF-HDI FMIC-
JBR: RMM-PMM-TMM-SS Kit S2-TIG Throttle-EGR Delete-OCC S2
SPC Joints Whiteline Rear Swaybar CP-E RDM Turbosmart BPV Autotech HPFP SURE Juggernaught Guardian Angel+Boost Dial