Boost Targeting Mode

Post your feature requests here.
Dolfius

Boost Targeting Mode

Post by Dolfius »

The option to toggle between a boost based/targeting mode as opposed to Load Target tuning only.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: Boost Targeting Mode

Post by mituc »

This is completely do-able with the current software. However, keep in mind that one of the ways to figure the cylinder pressure is load, because load tells you how much air gets in. Apart from telling you the mass of the air you have in a plenum with a well known volume, boost is just a measure of the resistance the engine fights back with when throwing air at it.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Dolfius

Post by Dolfius »

mituc wrote:This is completely do-able with the current software. However, keep in mind that one of the ways to figure the cylinder pressure is load, because load tells you how much air gets in. Apart from telling you the mass of the air you have in a plenum with a well known volume, boost is just a measure of the resistance the engine fights back with when throwing air at it.
Well, when I inquired about that via email, I was told this:
Attachments
Screenshot_2019-09-15-20-50-03-1.png
Screenshot_2019-09-15-20-50-03-1.png (13.33 KiB) Viewed 8556 times
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

The email you've got states that it doesn't support boost target tuning. However, if you look at the boost target more like at a boost limit, there's no problem accomplishing what you want.
I know because I did it.
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Dolfius

Post by Dolfius »

mituc wrote:The email you've got states that it doesn't support boost target tuning. However, if you look at the boost target more like at a boost limit, there's no problem accomplishing what you want.
I know because I did it.
I suppose if your sw works like it's supposed to, and doesn't limit your load to 2, and doesn't make it run lean regardless of how much you adjust your maf sensor, then I'm sure it can be done, yes.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Dolfius wrote:I suppose if your sw works like it's supposed to, and doesn't limit your load to 2, and doesn't make it run lean regardless of how much you adjust your maf sensor, then I'm sure it can be done, yes.
That is correct.
However these cars with a cap to load 2 are rare occurrences. Yours is not one of them. So not relevant for this discussion...
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Dolfius

Post by Dolfius »

mituc wrote:
Dolfius wrote:I suppose if your sw works like it's supposed to, and doesn't limit your load to 2, and doesn't make it run lean regardless of how much you adjust your maf sensor, then I'm sure it can be done, yes.
That is correct.
However these cars with a cap to load 2 are rare occurrences. Yours is not one of them. So not relevant for this discussion...
Dude WTF? My car IS one of them. Or have you forgotten already? :lol:
Dolfius

Post by Dolfius »

mituc wrote:
That is correct.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3288

Seem familiar?
Dolfius

Post by Dolfius »

mituc wrote:
That is correct.
"I'd like to see why the load plateaus at 2-ish with versatuner (is it commanded so or there's another limit/constraint?)."

How about this? ring any bells?