Saving/Using Maps from Cloud Server

Post your feature requests here.
Polish_Eagle

Saving/Using Maps from Cloud Server

Post by Polish_Eagle »

Would it be possible to add support for editing/saving our tunes to a server/cloud service? So an example would be Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive or a personal server? It's a bit of a pain exporting the tune, transferring it to my other computer and then importing the tune (rinse and repeat to go the other way).
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: Saving/Using Maps from Cloud Server

Post by mituc »

That is something that you will have to handle.
Implementing tune transfers the way you stated may result into leaking intellectual property to public. Say, you tune for yourself but you were also been tuned by a professional tuner who you paid for the work and also invested time and knowledge to tune the way he/she did... If that leaks then all the knowledge of that tuner becomes publicly available.
So there are pros and cons for that...
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Polish_Eagle

Post by Polish_Eagle »

The way I envision this isn't to force all saves to be like this, but to allow people the ability to if they want.
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

That feature is on our to-do list and if all goes well, we will implement it in the near future. It will be optional, so those who fear privacy issues will be able to keep working offline.
Polish_Eagle

Post by Polish_Eagle »

That's great and sounds exactly like what I'm looking for.