More logging parameters

Post your feature requests here.
sidekick

More logging parameters

Post by sidekick »

Coming from ATR, I feel like I can't truly get a solid picture of everything that's happening when datalogging with VT. I could log basically every available parameter with the AP. I'm stuck with 12 in VT. I understand that the more parameters you log, the slower the logging rate, but it never seemed to be an issue with the AP, I had plenty of resolution to see what was going on. It's very limiting and while I can see the most important parameters, there are quite a few that get left out. For instance, if I see some KR, it's much harder to determine the cause. Are my BATs too high? Are ECTs higher than normal? I can't log those with what is required to really tune the car, but they are important parameters.

Do you have any plans to allow more parameters to be logged? So far, this is my biggest gripe with VT, and it's really unfortunate, because I like the software otherwise. I'm fine with 12 live monitors in the dashboard, but IMO, we need at LEAST 14-16 logged parameters. This will allow us to see EVERYTHING that is happening and account for changes in BATs, ECTs, VVT, Etc.
sidekick

Re: More logging parameters

Post by sidekick »

I also noticed that we do not have a lot of tables/logging parameters available via the Cobb AP. The fuel Injector scalar+fuel specific gravity allow tuning for ethanol very easy, currently we can only adjust the specific gravity. To tune for ethanol, we have to do the "old school" MAF scaling.
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

We have started working on increasing logging resolution and the ability to log more PIDs, but we cannot give an estimated timeframe for this feature at this point.
As for the table, we will look into it, there shouldn't be a problem to add it if it's not already there.
Project_cx7

Post by Project_cx7 »

I notice too. There is no oil pressure logging parameters.
2007 Mazda CX-7. Manley H-beam rods, Wiseco 88 mm pistons, King racing bearings, balance the crankshaft, bosch 3 bar map sensor, removed VTCS and egr, JB OCC, JB 3.5 inch intake, FMIC, Forge v1 BPV, BNR S3 turbo, 3 inch catless DP.
Enki

Post by Enki »

Pretty sure these cars only have an idiot light sensor, not an actual oil pressure sensor (for gauge readings).
Project_cx7

Post by Project_cx7 »

ya but some how the ecm would know. Oh snap no oil pressure.
2007 Mazda CX-7. Manley H-beam rods, Wiseco 88 mm pistons, King racing bearings, balance the crankshaft, bosch 3 bar map sensor, removed VTCS and egr, JB OCC, JB 3.5 inch intake, FMIC, Forge v1 BPV, BNR S3 turbo, 3 inch catless DP.
Enki

Post by Enki »

No, I'm pretty sure there's only the pressure switch which is either on or off; there's no actual pressure reading other than "yes, there's oil pressure" which would only show up in the ECU as either true or false, not a specific number.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

There's indeed some sensor but it's more like an on/off sensor and it would trigger at 0.8bar oil pressure from what I was told by a mazda tech. Well, 0.8bar (like 11.5PSI) is not enough not even at part throttle at 2.5k rpm. And usually it takes 2-3 seconds between the moment that light comes on the dashboard and one hears the metal bits hitting the ground or the bottom of the oil pan if someone is unlucky enough to have an oiling failure while driving.

If you want oil pressure monitoring you need a sandwich plate with an oil pressure sensor bung in it. And of course an in-cabin oil pressure gauge.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP