Hot key or auto log function?

Post your feature requests here.
suchamoneypit

Hot key or auto log function?

Post by suchamoneypit »

Its hard to street tune, there doesn't seem to be a function that will start logging over a certain throttle value or even the ability to set a hot key. Its too dangerous for me to drive solo and try to log using the touch-pad to click log. Even if there was just the ability to configure a hotkey, I could safely start/stop logging without ever taking my eyes off the road. Ideally have it set to log on certain value like throttle, the data is already being logged, if you could set it to say if over 30mph and above 50% throttle input, start logging, and then after 1 second of less than 30% throttle, stop the log. Those values could be configurable. If anything a simple hotkey would be better than nothing. My ability to street tune is limited because I always need a willing passenger as I don't want to operate my laptop while driving (and whoever is using it can monitor knock). Should be pretty simple from a coding standpoint, if you're able to log those values in realtime, you should be able to make code that can take actions based upon that realtime data to make this feature possible using basic statements.

Does this already exist in the software and I can't find it? Would be super useful.
2011 Mazdaspeed3
Street Unit TMIC - Cobb SRI - Cobb Catback - Corksport BPV - HPFP - Cobb RMM - Rear seat/sub/spare tire delete - Rays Mazdaspeed Forged Alu. Wheels - 1 mazdaspeed sticker (+10hp)
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Re: Hot key or auto log function?

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

Thank you for the suggestions, we will consider including them into the roadmap.
There are hot keys to use the main dashboard functions:
1. Turn On - Enter
2. Record/Stop - Space
3. Reset - Escape

Hitting the space bar is not hard even when driving alone.

You can always find hot keys for different features by hovering your mouse pointer over the corresponding button:
Hotkey.png
Hotkey.png (84.59 KiB) Viewed 5395 times
Dolfius

Post by Dolfius »

You also don't have to physically keep an eye knock (nor any other parameters) when you have alerts set. This was one of the primary features that had me sold on VT.

Also, I have an 8" Windows tab I use to log sometimes when I don't feel like using the laptop. This is attached to a magnetic vent holder. Reaching the RECORD/STOP buttons from there is fairly easy and safe. AND I can see if alerts pop up.
suchamoneypit

Post by suchamoneypit »

Dolfius wrote:You also don't have to physically keep an eye knock (nor any other parameters) when you have alerts set. This was one of the primary features that had me sold on VT.

Also, I have an 8" Windows tab I use to log sometimes when I don't feel like using the laptop. This is attached to a magnetic vent holder. Reaching the RECORD/STOP buttons from there is fairly easy and safe. AND I can see if alerts pop up.

Good idea with the magnetic mount, I was thinking of purchasing a windows tablet for this sole purpose, but with this setup I was able to use what I have. I use my laptop closed with alerts on (screen set to not sleep on close) so I can start/stop using my android radio. So this way I get the convenient touch interface close to my steering wheel but can still use my laptop as the logging device. So I think your idea is another solution, but I was just trying to see if I could make it work with what I have.
2011 Mazdaspeed3
Street Unit TMIC - Cobb SRI - Cobb Catback - Corksport BPV - HPFP - Cobb RMM - Rear seat/sub/spare tire delete - Rays Mazdaspeed Forged Alu. Wheels - 1 mazdaspeed sticker (+10hp)