Add Undo button, add favorite tables, add knock alarm

Post your feature requests here.
suchamoneypit

Add Undo button, add favorite tables, add knock alarm

Post by suchamoneypit »

Some features that would be sweet:

-There doesn't seem to be an "Undo" button. If I accidentally change a cell, and don't know what it was before, I can't seem to hit "undo" anywhere and return it to what it was.

-Some software have a feature where over certain knock, the CEL will flash letting you know its knocking. Is is possible to add this? This would be great to have thats much nicer than using something like an android device and a bluetooth OB2 to monitor.

-We should be able to organize maps the way we want. I got multiple ideas. You could either "PIN" a table, and it would sort to your "pinned" list, or to take it a step further, let us create "profiles", for example, add tabs above the table that I can set and add tables to. I could make a "fueling" profile, that would only show the main fueling maps, or one for timing. I could quickly switch between my profiles to edit various things. There are loads of maps that simply aren't used, would be much more pleasing to use if this could be configured. Also, if you included base profiles, people new to tuning would much more quickly know the main tables.
2011 Mazdaspeed3
Street Unit TMIC - Cobb SRI - Cobb Catback - Corksport BPV - HPFP - Cobb RMM - Rear seat/sub/spare tire delete - Rays Mazdaspeed Forged Alu. Wheels - 1 mazdaspeed sticker (+10hp)
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Re: Add Undo button, add favorite tables, add knock alarm

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

-There doesn't seem to be an "Undo" button. If I accidentally change a cell, and don't know what it was before, I can't seem to hit "undo" anywhere and return it to what it was.
You can reset the cell by clicking the reset button (curved arrow) below the table data (or click Alt + R). What it will reset to depends on what you have chosen in the "Show changes" area in the top toolbar:
- If you have "From stock tune" selected, it will reset to the value in the stock tune
- If you have "Since last save" selected, it will reset to the value that was last saved
- If you have "Compare with" selected, it will reset to the value in the tune you are comparing it with
-Some software have a feature where over certain knock, the CEL will flash letting you know its knocking. Is is possible to add this? This would be great to have thats much nicer than using something like an android device and a bluetooth OB2 to monitor.
Flashing lights on the dashboard is not possible due to the amount of work it requires and the number of platforms that we support. You can, however, set up an alert when a value is exceeded when logging with VersaTuner. It will flash the PID and/or play a sound.
-We should be able to organize maps the way we want. I got multiple ideas. You could either "PIN" a table, and it would sort to your "pinned" list, or to take it a step further, let us create "profiles", for example, add tabs above the table that I can set and add tables to. I could make a "fueling" profile, that would only show the main fueling maps, or one for timing. I could quickly switch between my profiles to edit various things. There are loads of maps that simply aren't used, would be much more pleasing to use if this could be configured. Also, if you included base profiles, people new to tuning would much more quickly know the main tables.
That is a good idea, we will consider it.