Multiple screen's

Post your feature requests here.
Jpk

Multiple screen's

Post by Jpk »

Would It be possible to view & edit a tune whilst viewing a log as it would make it much easier adjusting and problem solving a tune if you could view the logged parameters
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: Multiple screen's

Post by mituc »

Now when you edit a tune it opens in a new window anyway.
Logs are better viewed in Excel/Openoffice, so being a completely different application that has already its own window :)
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Jpk

Post by Jpk »

Thanks but I don't have or intend to purchase excel so my original request stands. Been part of a small group of skyactiv d user's trying to bottom out the turbo oscillation problems and it's just tedious and problematic looking for potential issues in a log, then trying to remember copious amounts of data whilst then opening the tune editor and then back and forth. Would hope it'll be quite an easy software update
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

Jpk wrote: February 12th, 2022, 12:13 am Thanks but I don't have or intend to purchase excel so my original request stands. Been part of a small group of skyactiv d user's trying to bottom out the turbo oscillation problems and it's just tedious and problematic looking for potential issues in a log, then trying to remember copious amounts of data whilst then opening the tune editor and then back and forth. Would hope it'll be quite an easy software update
The Tune editor opens in a new window, so it should not be a problem to place it alongside the main window of VersaTuner. Open it first and dock it to a side of your screen or to a separate monitor. Then switch back to the main window, open the log and you will have them side-by-side.
mituc wrote: February 10th, 2022, 11:09 pm Now when you edit a tune it opens in a new window anyway.
Logs are better viewed in Excel/Openoffice, so being a completely different application that has already its own window :)
What features of Excel do you use that make it more convenient to view logs than VersaTuner?
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Ugnius @ VersaTune wrote: February 14th, 2022, 1:49 am What features of Excel do you use that make it more convenient to view logs than VersaTuner?
I export the logs in CSV format and look at them from an spreadsheet program (Excel, LibreOffice calc, whatever). Versatuner doesn't have a way to look at the logs other than the graphical which gives a perspective on what's going on but you really see that in numbers only when you look at the numbers.
On the other hand being one of those who looks at the logs in a spreadsheet application, adds columns to calculate deviations, and so on I do not think that building into Versatuner a spreadsheet-like module is something really necessary (that is why we "export" the logs and that is why we have that feature, to use other apps such as spreadheet apps, VirtualDyno, and so on, these can't be all built into VT). It's like wanting to edit a movie with the same program you use for looking at it which makes sense to a very little extent, since there are specialized video editors for that.
But this is only my opinion based on how I see these things after working quite extensively with the tools and features available.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP