Absolute Load Calculation seems Funky

Tuning discussion for all first generation Mazda 2.3 MZR DISI Turbo powered vehicles
Fstrnyou

Absolute Load Calculation seems Funky

Post by Fstrnyou »

Been working on my tune lately and it seems my absolute load is not going over 2.1
In the logs, once load reaches about 2.00-2.05, it's almost a perfect flatline.
Did a pull this morning and the boost had a strange oscillation, but load was steady flat through that oscillation and all the way to the end of the pull.
Logged loads this morning were the same/similar to the loads logged this afternoon with same boost but 10 degree difference in ambient temps.
Loads several revisions back with lower boost are showing the same/similar levels.
I've been working on upping the boost, which so far has been successful, but loads aren't increasing.
When temps go down this fall, I won't be able to rely on load targets if they aren't calculating correctly.

Maybe I'm just missing something.
My load targets are 2.15, load limits are 2.25
In the warm season, I use the WGDC map to set boost limits.
So far, it's following my WGDC tables exactly.
Attachments
15.01 - 4th - 8-18-18.csv
(6.61 KiB) Downloaded 392 times
15.01 - 4th - 8-17-18.csv
(7.19 KiB) Downloaded 387 times
Fstrnyou

Re: Absolute Load Calculation seems Funky

Post by Fstrnyou »

I don't know what's up. I did a little tweaking of my WGDC tables and now load is reading upwards of 2.3.
I'm confused.
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

Some users have reported load "pegging" issue, when it would not read above a certain value even though the car is clearly producing more. Unfortunately, we were unable to reproduce the issue. Please let us know if you experience it again and what steps you took to reproduce it or fix it.
Fstrnyou

Post by Fstrnyou »

I've only been tweaking my WGDC tables to smooth out the boost curve. Load was stuck around the 2.02-2.10 range when it should have been much higher. It didn't matter if I was running 19psi or 22. Load stayed in that range. I did a pull the other morning to check my changes and low and behold loads are reading 2.3. I've continued to tweak the WGDC tables and loads are continuing to read "correct".
My MAFcal is a nice smooth curve.
There were no apparent anomalies in my g/s readings or boost values.

On a side note:
The WGDC IAT correction table. Can your team make those column header values editable as well?
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

The MAF g/s values at each RPM point kind of match your load values though...
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP