Pops and bangs

Tuning discussion for all first generation Mazda 2.3 MZR DISI Turbo powered vehicles
johnskilerue

Pops and bangs

Post by johnskilerue »

Hi, I am new to the mazda 3 mps.

I'm running upgraded hpfp, big front mount, full Decat exhaust, cai and the usual ancillary mods.

I'm also fairly new to tuning, can someone advise me what table and/or values I would need to alter to get some aggressive pops and bangs on overrun/deceleration.

I know some are not keen on this but my scooby sold me on pops and bangs and this car is only a weekend toy.

Thanks in advance for any help
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Re: Pops and bangs

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

We are working on a prebuilt pops and bangs/crackle and pops tune. You cannot achieve that functionality without special changes that will be included in an update that we will release once the tune is done.
johnskilerue

Post by johnskilerue »

That's great. Thank you Nd I look forward to the new tune when released. :D
zaclaw

Post by zaclaw »

Ugnius @ VersaTune wrote:We are working on a prebuilt pops and bangs/crackle and pops tune. You cannot achieve that functionality without special changes that will be included in an update that we will release once the tune is done.
Will there be one released for the CX-7 also?
2007 Mazda CX-7 AWD Grand Touring - Electric Blue Mica
CST4 turbo, CS 3.5bar MAP, CS Stage II SRI w/ TIP, dual port BOV/BPV, 3 port EBCS, 3" TBE w/ Magnaflow muffler, KYB Excel-G shocks, deleted catalytic converters
Disabled EGR, 2nd O2, VTCS