Low Boost 0%wgdc

Tuning discussion for all first generation Mazda 2.3 MZR DISI Turbo powered vehicles
CounterKilla

Re: Low Boost 0%wgdc

Post by CounterKilla »

Heres a better log demonstrating the issue. Running the versatune high load, high flow downpipe map. Cobbdownpipe, Stock intake.
Attachments
3rdgear wot intake.csv
(4.9 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

I take it you did not check the post-turbo section of the intake for leaks, did you?
So yes, I get it, you see 270+g/s of air, you see load values way above the load targets in the tune, and so on. But remember that is what the MAF is measuring, and load is calculated based on that.
If you have a leak after the turbo then the AFRs will plummet down like you see in the logs you provided. Also, if you have a post-turbo leak then the turbo doesn't really need that much effort to suck that air through the filter compared to the effort needed to push it through the actual engine instead of back out into the atmosphere (thus the low/0 WGDC values).

I am not sure ot any other way of putting this out clearer than that, so this would be my last reply to you on this issue: check your intake with a boost leak tester, fix the leak, add a tune with the right MAF calibration and then you can go further with your tuning.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
CounterKilla

Post by CounterKilla »

It turned out to be the piece of shit denso maf sensor. Borrowed my friends and felt real power and torque steer for the first time. Thank you all. Thankyou mituc. Car is running perfect now. Fuel trims are normal. Also put stock intake back on
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

It is well known that only the OEM MAF sensors work properly on these cars. If you'd mentioned this from the very beginning we could have avoided two pages of forum communication :) The O2 Denso sensors are known to be ok, but not the MAF sensors.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
CounterKilla

Post by CounterKilla »

I never knew untill reallyy looking around, i just assumed it was oem.