Mazdaspeed6 Tune Tables

Tuning discussion for all first generation Mazda 2.3 MZR DISI Turbo powered vehicles
zaclaw

Mazdaspeed6 Tune Tables

Post by zaclaw »

I’m wondering if it’s possible to get access to the Mazdaspeed6 tunes that are available for that version of VersaTuner. Having a bigger turbo on my CX-7 (and actually my engine is technically a longblock from a MS6, albeit it is identical), I feel as if the adjustments made to the OTS tables are more appropriate for my vehicle than the tables for the CX-7. Plus, the MS6 software has more OTS tunes available.

I realize that some things (like gear ratios) aren’t applicable and that because of other mods I have, some customization will still be necessary. However, as a novice at tuning, I think these tunes will serve as a better baseline for optimizing my engine performance and further learning the tuning process.

I had found the stock tables for the MS3 and MS6 and compared them against the CX-7. I’m currently using some of the values in the MS6 tables for my current tune. It would be nice to have access to the OTS table information even if it was a “read-only” state or a spreadsheet.
2007 Mazda CX-7 AWD Grand Touring - Electric Blue Mica
CST4 turbo, CS 3.5bar MAP, CS Stage II SRI w/ TIP, dual port BOV/BPV, 3 port EBCS, 3" TBE w/ Magnaflow muffler, KYB Excel-G shocks, deleted catalytic converters
Disabled EGR, 2nd O2, VTCS
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: Mazdaspeed6 Tune Tables

Post by mituc »

The stock tunes are almost identical n these cars, the only differences are sometimes in the AFRs, load target tables and of course obvious things such as the gear ratios. However all these differences in the stock and then OTS tunes are to accommodate for the differences in gearing and actual time these engines are under load due to the gearing and weight differences. But that's it, beyond that the tunes are basically identical, so the process of tuning for big turbos is pretty much the same.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP