First times installed, questions

Tuning discussion for all first generation Mazda 2.3 MZR DISI Turbo powered vehicles
Yilld

First times installed, questions

Post by Yilld »

Hi guys, I installed Versatuner to my speed6 today (only VT, no Map for now). But I have two questions:
1. I would like to back up the original tune to another harddrive, where do I find the file?
2. Around 50km after I installed VT I had the code P0401 (Exhaust Gas Recirculation "A" Flow Insufficient Detected). Has that anything to do with VT or is this a mere coincidence since I blocked the EGR tube around 750km ago?

I added two logs, if anyone would like to have a look and tell me if my car is healthy, I would appreciate :beertoast

Thanks
Attachments
Data log - 2020-04-25 09.44.31.csv
(3.43 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
Data log - 2020-04-25 09.42.30.csv
(16.02 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
Speed6, Versatuner, Remus Catback, Damond RMM, JBR TIP
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: First times installed, questions

Post by mituc »

1. This is actually highly recommended. Here is what you need to do: open Versatuner, to in the top-right to Settings -> Open Versatuner Folder and there you have a file having the VIN number of your car as the name. Copy that somewhere else as well;
2. Just a coincidence. Now that you flashed a tune in the ECU all deviations that it has learned went away so it sensed that the EGR is not doing its thing quicker. When you flash a tune open the Options section and check that option there about the blocked EGR.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Yilld

Re: First times installed, questions

Post by Yilld »

1. Ah, okey, I was looking for a .vtune file..
2. that's what I thought...

Thanks
Speed6, Versatuner, Remus Catback, Damond RMM, JBR TIP