Pops and crackle not working

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED3/MAZDASPEED Axela/Mazda 3 MPS vehicles
Locosiete

Pops and crackle not working

Post by Locosiete »

First off i just want to say I'm new to the tuning scene, not to automotive in general, and admit I have much to learn on the tuning scene so i apologize if ask what may be considered silly questions. I installed Versa Tuner lite and flashed with Base 91US/95EU Octane with Crackle and Pop Version 1.00 today on my 2007 Mazdaspeed3 today. After installing i went for a drive and it felt more responsive and quicker then before but didn't hear any pops or crackles.

I thought maybe I installed incorrectly since I got a error when I initially installed and thought it could possibly could be just all in my head and car is running the same. To test i flashed the anti-theft file and it did what it was supposed stalling car the shortly after I let the clutch out while in natural but idled fine for about 20 seconds while I had clutch in. Anyways it stalling confirmed I did install it correctly so i then reflashed back with the Base 91US/95EU Octane with Crackle and Pop. I'm not expecting loud bangs but I assume there should be something audible that is noticeable.

Car is mostly stock, only performance upgrades are:
*Autotech HPFP, ( I replaced all seals and PRV at same time)
*K&N Typhoon CAI
*Corksport Short throw plate

I know from looking at other posts of similar question people are ask to post their logs. Again without asking a dumb question is there specific items i would want to select to log?
:burnrubber
Drive it like you stole it!
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Re: Pops and crackle not working

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

It's not super loud with a stock exhaust
Log injection amount and/or injector pulsewitdh to ensure that decel fuel cut is not happening.
Log rpm, absolute load, and ignition timing to ensure that ignition timing is around -20* when load is below 0.1875 and rpms are above 3000.
Locosiete

Re: Pops and crackle not working

Post by Locosiete »

Went for a drive. Did 2 logs, mixed driving from. Mild and moderate to heavy acceleration.
Data log - 2023-11-27 20.15.23.csv
(363.13 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
Data log - 2023-11-27 20.26.19,w boost.csv
(361.06 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
:burnrubber
Drive it like you stole it!