Remove pops and bangs

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED3/MAZDASPEED Axela/Mazda 3 MPS vehicles
HPrice

Remove pops and bangs

Post by HPrice »

High octane load with high flow down pipe and crackle and pop .. this map feels best on my gen 1 but I don’t want the excessive pops and bangs, how do I fully remove or change them to not happen until 4krpms? If someone could just give me some advice on how it’s done I’d really appreciate :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
xbrandino

Re: Remove pops and bangs

Post by xbrandino »

If you are using the '98 Octane High Load with High Flow Down Pipe with Crackle and Pop' tune, there is another tune on the tune database called '98 Octane High Load with High Flow Down Pipe' which is the exact same tune without the pops.

If you still want the pops but 4000RPM and above you have the a Full License with VersaTuner. If you do, go to your tune and click Edit and locate Closed Loop and Open Loop Max Ignition maps under the Ignition section. You will see at the top of both these maps it has values of -20, select all the values below 4000RPM back to stock or where you don't want the car to crackle and pop. In your situation, reset all values below 4000RPM back to stock.
HPrice

Re: Remove pops and bangs

Post by HPrice »

Thanks man! I hadn’t seen the same map without the crackle and pop il have a look again, appreciate the support exactly what I needed to hear, il have a go at setting it to 4k to see what it’s like