Map editing

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED3/MAZDASPEED Axela/Mazda 3 MPS vehicles
skiptownmcat

Re: Map editing

Post by skiptownmcat »

I have been driving more today and have yet to see it so high. I think I may have feathered the throttle yesterday so was seeing part-throttle kr.
Tuned with Image by Image

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

What is the best way to tune out KR? Make the Afr richer?

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

Usually you pull timing and/or richen the AFR. The base tune has pretty rich AFRs already. You may need to pull a degree or two of timing. Do several logs to see if the KR is repeatable.
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

So if it's repeatable, log it then look at what load and rpm it's happening and pull the timing via the vvt table in those areas? Or do I use the ol timing normal?
Also, using cl-ok transition timer, I take it the higher the number the quicker it changes. Seeing how stock value is zero.

Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

VVT is the valve timing. You need to pull timing from the ignition tables. If you are seeing KR during the CL - OL transition, then pull timing from the transition table. If you are seeing it well into OL operation, pull it from the OL normal table,
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

Makes sense.
I've just done the maf cal so I'll see how that runs tomorrow, if there's knock I'll get rid of it first before attempting to raise the load tables.
If I'm raising ol loop load should I raise the ol transition table the same? And at what point should I start to lean out the afr's?

Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

There is only one set of req load tables. There is no differentiation between OL and CL for req load. Get the knock under control first then back off AFR a little at a time. Don't go much higher than .8 lambda at WOT.
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

11.8 Afr (.803) was the figure I was thinking of going to anyway. Some of the guys on msf go as high as 12.2, but I use my car everyday and can't afford a zzb!!
Just had an excuse to go for a drive, ltft are at -0.8% now. Didn't see any knock, let the games begin!

skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

Raised 1st and 2nd load by .1, the rest by .11. Leaned wot afr's to 11.7 at 5k then bring it back to 10.8 at 7k. (is it wise to go leaner at higher rpm's?). Ltft is 0, and more importantly no KR!!
This is defo more powerful now then when I had the ht on! Coming up round 2, ding ding.

Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

I usually leave it a little fat up high with a K04 to deal with the high BATs.