Map editing

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED3/MAZDASPEED Axela/Mazda 3 MPS vehicles
skiptownmcat

Re: Map editing

Post by skiptownmcat »

My BAT's are pretty good, I have uprated tmic and it's always cold and wet in Manchester!!
I'll leave the AFR's as they are now and raise the req load, I'll have to raise the app load limit as well now.
I'm logging with a dashhawk at the moment as it's a bit of a ball ache having a laptop sloshing around in the footwell.
I'll be going back on mps owners club singing versatuners praises (after I've sold my hypertech there :D :lol: )
Tuned with Image by Image

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

When requesting higher loads, should I increae all the cells, or just the mid-range? I'm thinking too high a load at too low rpm's is a rod killer?

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
06Speed6

Post by 06Speed6 »

I am requesting 2.0 at 2500rpm. The block is fine and the turbo is happy.
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

Taper at higher rpm with the K04.
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

Yeah, ko4 is fail. I'll be going bt sometime soon.
I'm looking for about 19.5psi tapering to 16.5 at redline.

skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

Tune feels good!! I take it for snappier response you edit the DBW table?

Dan3MPS

Post by Dan3MPS »

Been following this thread with interest as you're doing pretty much exactly the same as I am, good discussion.

I've been wondering how far to dial up the loads in the lower RPM range too, might try using the same values you have altered yours by. I did like having the choice of frying my tyres in 1-2 if I wanted on the HT tune, will try to replicate their lower gear feel if I can and save it off as a separate tune.

I've left the AFRs as they are for the moment due to our higher ambient temperatures and consequently higher BATs (even with a FMIC). I've also lowered the fan on ECT to 97C from 102C to try and keep the temperatures down, but it's coming into summer here and it gets pretty warm. Might try raising the lower BAT high temp threshold depending on what my logs show, my thinking is if I leave fuel in it to kill KR I could bump that threshold up 5 degrees or so.

I'm logging with the Dashhawk also, but plug in the laptop occasionally. I found the standard USB cable supplied with Tactrix unit was nice and long, but had a tendency to drop connection, so I've been using a better cable (shorter and shielded) off a Western Digital portable hard drive.

After altering the loads this week I'm going to be moving onto the BCS DC and getting that spot on.
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

Should make this a sticky, by the time I'm finished every noob question will have been asked and answered!!

I'm on the opposite to you dan, winter is fast approaching so I'm hoping to try and avoid boost spikes. I'm targeting 2 at 2.5k and then 2.1 to 5k tapering away after that. You shouldn't really be stamping on the pedal at rpm's anyway so it should be ok.
Last edited by skiptownmcat on October 18th, 2011, 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dan3MPS

Post by Dan3MPS »

I just applied a 1.11 multiplier to the gear load tables in the base 93US/98EU tune from 2500rpm and up (keeping things nice and conservative below that), it looks like the highest value in those tables is now 1.931 at 3-4k rpm in 4th gear, I'm only targeting around 1.65 to 1.876 at 2500rpm depending on the gear at the moment.

Going to go cross reference the APP Requested Load Normal and the Requested Load Limits Baro Specific tables to find the lowest values at particular rpm's, and log my APP and Barometric Pressures with Absolute Load and a few other things to see how everything relates to each other.

Checked out BAT's today and it's keeping below 70C even while giving it a bit, so I'll leave the BAT temp high threshold in place.
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

I've got 1st-3rd gear exactly how I want them but I'm seeing 20-21 psi in 4th to 6th in the 4-5k range, I'll have to wind it back a bit there!!