Map editing

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED3/MAZDASPEED Axela/Mazda 3 MPS vehicles
skiptownmcat

Re: Map editing

Post by skiptownmcat »

And I don't know how much difference it would make but I had a full tank and around 40kgs of work stuff in my boot. 225/40/18s. Feed all that extra info in and see what difference it makes.
Tuned with Image by Image

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

My run was with 3/4 talk full as well but I had only 7-8kg of extra weight (A britax Duo baby seat). I re-did the calculations, it takes basically 1bhp for every about 5kg of weight added. So if I add 145Kg (including driver) you're at 300bhp, if I add 175kg you're at 305bhp.
Here's the CSV file I generated from your 4th gear WOT log, you can play with it in Virtual Dyno yourself.
Attachments
4thggeneral11-VD.csv.zip
(592 Bytes) Downloaded 852 times
Last edited by mituc on January 8th, 2012, 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

Plus I'm a 90kg fat bastard!!

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

mituc wrote:My run was with 3/4 talk full as well but I had only 7-8kg of extra weight (A britax Duo baby seat). I re-did the calculations, it takes basically 1bhp for every about 5kg of weight added. So if I add 145Kg (including driver) you're at 300bhp, if I add 175kg you're at 305bhp.
Here's the CSV file I generated from your 4th gear WOT log, you can play with it in Virtual Dyno yourself.
What does fuel weigh??
Peak seems about right with my dyno then if you factor I was travelling up a very noticeable hill. (not much flat land in the north of england)

skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

Tank of fuel = 40kgs
Me = 90kgs
Weight =40kgs

So 304bhp going uphill!!

mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

It looks better now. However, if I add the about 30kg of fuel (around 35 litters) and the 7kg (at least baby seat) + me 82kg to my run I'll be at 312. Here's my run file, you can compare the two. You can eventually add the SAE corrections as well for both, my run was at +4 Celsius and I'm at +190m elevation. I didn't add any correction to my dyno simulation.

Here's the video with exactly this run (first run). It's from like 2800rpm to 6690 or so (I basically hit the rev limiter at 6738 over that small bridge). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw5CpwdCDxM .

I'm not trying to start a dyno/power war, I'm just trying to figure how with higher load targets and actual load figures the car is slightly slower. And it's my case too, I'm hitting load 2.1 with the high load map (so about 0.15 more than with HT) and still my car is slower (I've got 286/288bhp running the simulation with exactly the same data as for my 305bhp run). These were some rare occasions when I didn't load cut or when my fuel pump did not piss her panties, but that's my fault actually (need to upgrade the pump internals and see where I am after I'll tune it correctly, as now it's a mess, I hit load 2.0 and boost is no higher than 16PSI).

Is it the advance timing or something else?

I've also sent an email a few days ago to Drew Technologies to take a look at the MAF voltage PID and see why my dashdaq can't reading correctly. Because I'm so going to reverse engineer the hypertech tune... I also have the hypertech and can hardly sell it here, so since I'm basically forced to keep it too it should not be to immoral to do that, right?
Attachments
log_logis77mtc0374-4.csv.zip
(2.42 KiB) Downloaded 806 times
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

Haha, of course it's the right thing to do!! Have you got any logs showing timing advance on the ht? It must be really aggressive to hit those numbers with such low boost. You could probably sell the ht on mpsoc if you wanted, they go for £250
I wasn't comparing mine to your ht (i never made more than 275 with) i was just comparing to my dyno run

mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

I've got a lot of logs but the timing varies quote a lot sometimes.
I need to run both tunes in similar weather conditions to get a clearer idea about it.
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
manselainen

Post by manselainen »

skiptownmcat wrote:couple of road logs for you to look at please steve,

3rd gear is a non starter, too much wheelspin!!
4th gear, full load @2386 rpm
5th gear made load target@2165 rpm, The load looks the way it does because I had load reduced till 3k but I hit my target of 1.8@2250.

Interested in your opinions please, is my shit fucked?
Nice boost at middle revs, no wonder that you are spinning in 3rd! A bit lean compared to target isnt't it. Leaner and more timing than I have, some signs of KR. I think your load reads somewhat low at higher rpms. You can maintain boost well, my wgdc drops. What about fuel pressure?

3 MPS '07, BNR S3, ported IM, VTCS delete, test pipe, PTP HPFP internals, RMM
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

Kmd internals, fuel pressure is good.
I noticed afr was leaner up top so I've done a bit more work on the maf cal, leaned out 3k-4.5k to 11.9 and advanced timing in the 1.8+ load range @4k-6k, just flashed it so I'll see how that settles. I do about 50 miles driving a day mixed motorway and town, by the time I've finished work my tune has settled and then I have my testing road which is on the way home.