Map editing

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED3/MAZDASPEED Axela/Mazda 3 MPS vehicles
manselainen

Re: Map editing

Post by manselainen »

I had step by step increased timing almost unnoticed when doing also other tweaks so it started to give some KR. I then backed timing to hiload base values and even put desired AFR to stock pig rich values. As a result about 25 whp and 50 Nm gone as would be expected also, but no KR. Now I must start all over again....

Any idea why I can't get actual BCS DC any higher than about 55% @5500 (desired 80) even if it's not reaching load targets or limits? Throttle is not closing. MAP is 220-225 and MAF about 285. I understand that K04 may be maxed out but still, why doesn't it even try?
Tuned with Image by Image

3 MPS '07, BNR S3, ported IM, VTCS delete, test pipe, PTP HPFP internals, RMM
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

What is your targeted load?

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

What MAF voltage are you seeing?
manselainen

Post by manselainen »

Load target (APP requested Load Normal) is 2,3 and 4th gear load limit 2,2. Actual load around 2.

MAF voltage I have not logged but based on MAF table, it should be around 4,485 V.

Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

What is the barometer reading? Are all of the other load target tables clear to 2.2? Is fuel pressure good?
manselainen

Post by manselainen »

This same behaviour has been there all the time with different baro readings. I'm close to sea level so baro ir normally 99-101 kPa. Fuel pressure is good, oscillates between 1700-1900 psi. All other load settings should be clear... but the limiting factor must be out there somewhere.... maybe overboost protection throttle reduction even if it´s not activating? I have never modified that.

Attached is a log and tune which was used (the pig rich one) if you care to have a look. 4th gear pull at 87 secs, ambient temp +1C so close to freezing point. Not particularly cold though. As said, same behaviour has been there with several tune versions and ambient conditions.

btw why can't I attact a .vtune file without zipping it?
Attachments
03012011 16.zip
4th gear pull at 87 secs
(54.3 KiB) Downloaded 412 times
ahu 98 HiLoad v1.42.zip
(43.14 KiB) Downloaded 405 times

skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

Steve, quick question
In the base 98eu octane you have changed the closed loop timing normal & abnormal,
But in the high load tune you have changed the closed loop timing normal & normal overload bit left the abnormal table as stock, what is the reasoning behind this?
And because I took my start tune from the low load tune, should I change the normal overload table to match the one from the high load?

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

I need to update the Base 93/98 tune. I had the table ID's flipped around before. You can leave the Abnormal tables stock and apply changes to the Normal tables. The main point of the changes is to improve throttle response at lower RPM.
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

WINNER!!!

348.6BHP/308.8WHP AND 397LBFT!!!!!

I dont know why it shows the torque peaking so late, the log shows different. It is an inertia only dyno so maybe that has something to do with it

mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Congratulations!
Now find a quiet dry road and virtual dyno a WOT run to see where you are comparing to the real dyno readings.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP