Any comments on my log?

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED3/MAZDASPEED Axela/Mazda 3 MPS vehicles
manselainen

Any comments on my log?

Post by manselainen »

Here's one taken today, temp. 6C, 4th gear. Hiload tune, mods in sig. Load is higher than requested, and what about that boost spike, any suggestions?
Attachments
4th WOT.zip
(11.31 KiB) Downloaded 435 times
Tuned with Image by Image

3 MPS '07, BNR S3, ported IM, VTCS delete, test pipe, PTP HPFP internals, RMM
laxplayermjd

Re: Any comments on my log?

Post by laxplayermjd »

have you done a maf cal already? that should be step one. you have some mods that support flow, Im no expert but i would start with lowering you wgdc in the 2500-3000 range. my car isnt the same and i have a 6 but im at 84% for the 2250rpm column down, 64% for 2500rpm,48% for 3000rpm.Im not on the high load tune so i think yours should be a tad higher. I do have a cai with tip combo.

it appears your throttle closed due to hitting the overboost limit for throttle reduction. try to lower the spool first then you may be ok. My limit is set 231kpa. Fixing the boost spike first would help.
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

It looks like the MAF cal is a little lean in a few places. Your BCS DC values seem quite low for not having any exhaust mods. Reduce your BCS DC Base values to match what you are seeing in the logs. Based on that log, I would go with 30% at 2500 - 5000. You could probably increase the per gear req load by 0.1 from 3000 - 5500. If you are still seeing a big spike on spool up, adjust the req load accel/decel multipliers.

Do you still have the stock boost control solenoid? Those BCS DC values look like Grimmspeed BCS values. It could be the free flowing intake mods you have though. I'd be curious to see a 2000 - 6200 WOT log.
manselainen

Post by manselainen »

Thaks guys, I'll try those things. MAF cal has been done, actually several times, but it seems difficult to get spot on and I think it's not always consistent. I have done it on 2nd (closed loop) and 3rd (open loop) but this log was taken on 4th due to traction reasons so I think I must do some more MAF cal on 4th.

I have stock BCS. I don't like going WOT below 3000 rpm and it's a bit risky to go up to 6200 on 4th here. I'll try on 3rd if weather permits, winter tires tend to spin even when it's dry though.

Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

manselainen wrote:winter tires tend to spin even when it's dry though.
So, what you are saying is VersaTuner makes too much power? ;)
manselainen

Post by manselainen »

LOL yes

I tweaked MAF a bit and reduced BCS DC base values 30% 2500-5000 rpms as suggested. Did not up load targets yet. Attached is a log, no more boost spike and loads closer to commanded. What do you think? Pull is around 70 secs, is there a way to trim log file?

I'll do some more MAF work, reduce BCS DC from 5500-> as well and up loads by 0,1 next I think. That's not exactly one mod at a time :mrgreen:

BTW, I sent Brad from Virtual Dyno a VT log file, maybe he can modify VD to accept those as well :D
Attachments
VersaTuner Logs.zip
(47.76 KiB) Downloaded 421 times
Last edited by manselainen on December 1st, 2011, 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

Steve @ VersaTune wrote:
manselainen wrote:winter tires tend to spin even when it's dry though.
So, what you are saying is VersaTuner makes too much power? ;)
Is there such a thing?

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Looking good. There's still some spike at spool up, but not too bad. Bump the req load a bit and have some fun!
manselainen

Post by manselainen »

Tune progressing slowly... now with rev 1.28 it starts to look better, or?
3 degrees C, pull with 4th at 185-193 secs. K04 is reaching it's max in flow (285 g/s)?

Log and virtual dyno (done by editing VD log file manually to suit VD) attached. Can't wait new version of VD to avoid all manual work.
Attachments
16122011 18.jpg
16122011 18.jpg (80.86 KiB) Viewed 13277 times
16122011 17.zip
(78.24 KiB) Downloaded 377 times