Help! computer locked when Flashing

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED3/MAZDASPEED Axela/Mazda 3 MPS vehicles
javigti

Help! computer locked when Flashing

Post by javigti »

Today while flashing the computer gets hung up. I rebooted but now will not let me connect to the car and it will not start. I get the error: "negative response sevice ID11 using 22"

thanks
laxplayermjd

Re: Help! computer locked when Flashing

Post by laxplayermjd »

do you know why it happened. was it a computer or connection issue. You need the recovery tool,email [email protected] I know they are working implementing into the current software. Id send you mine but i think its vehicle specific and i have a 6
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

Recovery tool sent.
javigti

Post by javigti »

obd port seems to fail, I could not restore. I get the following error message: "object reference not set to an instance of an object".Tomorrow we will open and look. !
javigti

Post by javigti »

Obd port seems okay. I think the ecu is blocked because not let me access with the OBD scanner.
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

Did the recovery tool that I sent you help?
javigti

Post by javigti »

Solved with the new version of the recovery! Thanks Steve and Ugnius for being so fast! I am very grateful, I thought I was going to be without a car this week!! :beertoast
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

We wouldn't let that happen.
kevstewart

Post by kevstewart »

Great support, when I had this issue it was fixed very quickly :thumbup
BNR stage1, 3" Downpipe w/200 cell, Autotech HPFP, Cpe TMIC, Cpe 3" SRI, HTP 3" tip, Amsoil filter w/Prefilter, GoFastBits BOV, Grimmspeed interrupt, NGK iridium IX, Snow Stage 2 meth w/Aquamist parts, Sure Juggernaught, Cpe diff brace.
Ugnius @ VersaTune
Lead developer

Post by Ugnius @ VersaTune »

We're releasing a new version next week that will perform recovery flashing automatically, should any failure occur whilst flashing. It will also include some other features and bugfixes that I will introduce separately.
So no more stress when cables or drivers fail! ;)
As a precaution, it's always recommended to install the latest cable drivers, Windows updates, use high quality USB cables without any extensions/hubs and check the OBD-II socket on the car for loose pins. Some people use an OBD-II extension cable to prevent the socket on the car from wearing out.