New

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED3/MAZDASPEED Axela/Mazda 3 MPS vehicles
Mike Mps

New

Post by Mike Mps »

Hi i recived my VT today :biggrin ,and download it to the computer and i haven't installed it yet but each base map says stock DP needed i have got a CPE TBE with high flow cat in, will the high load map be alright? or will i have to set one up?
laxplayermjd

Re: New

Post by laxplayermjd »

you can start with that map, but you will need to make tweaks to it. What other mods do you have? You would need to lower the values in the BSC base table, as well as make changes to the Load target correction table. With the tbe your spool will be much faster.

I would also suggest reading skiptowncat's thread
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

It will tend to boost spike at spool up with a high flow exhaust. I'll work on a DP tune tonight. I should be able to come up with something pretty close to what you need.
Mike Mps

Post by Mike Mps »

cheers steve! other mods i've got is K&N typhoon filter forge re-circulating valve FMIC getting fitted tomorrow and KMD pump internals, i was already getting boost spikes with my hypertech about 4000rpm, yeah will have a look what skip has done
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

I emailed a tune for you to try.
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

All this favouritism, I never got a new tune when I first joined :cry
Tuned with Image by Image

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

It's based partly on your tune if it makes you feel any better :)
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

I'm gonna have to get to a dyno, I need convincing that my car is fast. Other cars disappearing in my rear view mirror just isn't enough for me. I'm hitting 2.2 load with no issues so it must be making good power??
Brakes went today though so I'll have to sort that first before any crazy driving.

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
Mike Mps

Post by Mike Mps »

Unlucky skip :D cheers steve received map today so will hopefully have it on tomorrow if I have my car back from garage :swear
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

Mike Mps wrote:Unlucky skip :D cheers steve received map today so will hopefully have it on tomorrow if I have my car back from garage :swear
Get the maf cal sorted ASAP.