CL MAF CAL

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED3/MAZDASPEED Axela/Mazda 3 MPS vehicles
manselainen

Re: CL MAF CAL

Post by manselainen »

What car and intake do you have? I could send you my MAF cals if you want to have something to compare to.
Tuned with Image by Image

3 MPS '07, BNR S3, ported IM, VTCS delete, test pipe, PTP HPFP internals, RMM
kevstewart

Post by kevstewart »

Your hypertech has already installed a maf calibration as per intake selected, I can't see how you could use this info without knowing your hypertech maf information... When Versatune installed your maf cal is stock, and all your logs are from hypertech maf cal.

That's my thoughts anyway?
BNR stage1, 3" Downpipe w/200 cell, Autotech HPFP, Cpe TMIC, Cpe 3" SRI, HTP 3" tip, Amsoil filter w/Prefilter, GoFastBits BOV, Grimmspeed interrupt, NGK iridium IX, Snow Stage 2 meth w/Aquamist parts, Sure Juggernaught, Cpe diff brace.
laxplayermjd

Post by laxplayermjd »

some people may find this other way of describing more helpful. http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f ... ple-60321/
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

mituc wrote: But if, say, right now I get something like (all in CL):
30.43g/s at 1.936V, 32.23 at 1.972V, 20.84g/s at 1.748V, 21.87 at 1.764 and so on, ignoring the LTFT's for now as they are within -/+2 or so (but usually within -/+ 0.7%) and puth these numbers into the existing MAF CAL and smooth it a bit shouldn't this give me about the same MAF cal I have now, and after the ECU relearns everything even get about the same LTFT's?
If you put in those data points and smooth between them, then you can basically replicate the HT MAF calibration.
joey

Post by joey »

Dont be lazy and do a MAF cal, lol. I KNOW ITS VERY TIME CONSUMING BUT WELL WOURTH IT BUD!

In any event, fuel changes abit overtime so i personaly wont trust your old logs that much.
Versatune,FMIC,3"SRI,3"TIP,HKSSSQv4,3"Turboback,Devil'sOwnWMIStg2kit,AutotechHPFP,JBREGRdelete,JBRBSD&Baffleplate,RacingLogiccoilovers,TRZTMM,AWRPMM,SURERMM,SUREShortcut&Counterweight,SUREg/knob,ApexiTT,HDIStg2Evoboostcontroller
joey

Post by joey »

Dont be lazy and do a MAF cal, lol. I KNOW ITS VERY TIME CONSUMING BUT WELL WOURTH IT BUD!

In any event, fuel changes abit overtime so i personaly wont trust your old logs that much.
Versatune,FMIC,3"SRI,3"TIP,HKSSSQv4,3"Turboback,Devil'sOwnWMIStg2kit,AutotechHPFP,JBREGRdelete,JBRBSD&Baffleplate,RacingLogiccoilovers,TRZTMM,AWRPMM,SURERMM,SUREShortcut&Counterweight,SUREg/knob,ApexiTT,HDIStg2Evoboostcontroller
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

manselainen wrote:What car and intake do you have? I could send you my MAF cals if you want to have something to compare to.
Sorry, it's in the signature now. So if you also have the Cobb SRI and can send over your MAL CAL this would help me quite a bit to make sure I'm pulling everything right from the logs I have. Thanks in advance.
joey wrote:Dont be lazy and do a MAF cal, lol. I KNOW ITS VERY TIME CONSUMING BUT WELL WOURTH IT BUD!
I'm not lazy, I'm just trying to get the MAF roughly calibrated before I get out in freezing temperatures to calibrate the MAF properly. I drove my car with the stock tune and MAF cal and the Cobb intake for like 5 months or so, I know how it's like and it's far from being right.
I have a lot of logs including recent logs. Fuel changes a bit over time so that would affect the advance timing and a few other stuff, but it will not affect the way the air quantity is measured by the MAF, or how the temperature in various locations is measured (by example) :)
Steve @ VersaTune wrote:
mituc wrote: If you put in those data points and smooth between them, then you can basically replicate the HT MAF calibration.
Awesome! Then I'll just do this and run that MAF cal when I'll first get on the road to acquire data for my own MAF cal. This also means that the MAF calibrations work as I imagined. meaning that the MAF will simply output a voltage directly proportional with the amount of air it sees and all we need to do is to tell the ECU the amount of air that particular voltage corresponds to.

Btw, what's the table for the OL MAC CAL? The CL ones are MAF Calibration 1 and MAF Calibration 2 in the Sensor calibration section, but where am I supposed to fill the AFR deviation for the OL CAL?
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

Cl and ol are the same table? Maf sees what maf sees. Lower volts are cl, higher are ol

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

Yup. OL and CL use the same tables. Make sure MAF Table 1 and MAF Table 2 match.
manselainen

Post by manselainen »

mituc, attached is a tune if you want to have a look into my MAF cal
Attachments
98 HiLoad FP stock timing v1.33.zip
(43.31 KiB) Downloaded 444 times

3 MPS '07, BNR S3, ported IM, VTCS delete, test pipe, PTP HPFP internals, RMM