Vvt and ignition timing

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED3/MAZDASPEED Axela/Mazda 3 MPS vehicles
Kevin

Vvt and ignition timing

Post by Kevin »

Hi guys

Hope everyone is doing well.
I have a question regarding vvt. I advanced my ignition timing and gained some power. Advanced some more till i got kr, then retarded the ignition timing to take awat the kr. How does vvt fit in with the advance of ignition timing? I know that torque is increased low down by advancing vvt amd the other way around for higher rpm's. I did some changes and i actually lost power due to the vvt changes. Any advice from u guys?
Tuned with Image by Image
skiptownmcat

Re: Vvt and ignition timing

Post by skiptownmcat »

I changed my vvt table to match the new high load tune started seeing KR, probably to do with my higher loads. I think optimal vvt is vastly different depending on engine loads.

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
Kevin

Vvt and ignition timing

Post by Kevin »

Think so 2, im only hitting 1.6 as im around 5400ft above sea level. Waiting for my fmic to keep the bats down. Should then hit around 1.7 / 1.8. Did some ignition timing changes, 5wkw and 20wnm gain.
skiptownmcat

Re: Vvt and ignition timing

Post by skiptownmcat »

That's a nice gain from just a timing tweak. You'll probably be able to take it further when the fmic arrives.

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe