power less than stock after flash...

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED3/MAZDASPEED Axela/Mazda 3 MPS vehicles
Kevin

Re: power less than stock after flash...

Post by Kevin »

ok, so I removed the CAI and TIP. Fastened all boost pipes properly, fastened all clamps and checked everything.
no boost leaks.... so, started the car and noticed smoke coming from the exhaust while it was idling. This concerns me. I went for a drive and the smoke went away. Did 2 WOT logs again, one in 3rd and one in 4th. Seems like the wastegate is at around 30% the whole time.

thought it might be my tune, so I loaded the Base 91US / 95UK Map after I did the WOT logs, but still had the same result.
Attachments
Data log 4th.csv
(16.68 KiB) Downloaded 442 times
Data log 3rd.csv
(7.77 KiB) Downloaded 417 times
Tuned with Image by Image
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Any1?
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

Do you have any old logs showing 4th gear not exhibiting this behavior?
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Yip, plenty... Will upload tomorrow morning as soon as I get to work. Was thinking, can it be the OEM bpv Steve? I still have that on and thats the only thing I can think of that can also leak boosted air.
Rich990

Post by Rich990 »

does it do this with the stock tune?
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Ok, so I loaded my backed up tune back. It was an ECUTEK tune. Went for a drive and planted it. Immediatly MAP was on on 2bar.... So, it cant be a boost leak.
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

Are you using VersaTuner v1.6.0?
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Yes Steve. I think its my car thats just full of crap. Probably got a feeling I wanted to trade her in for a MK2 
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

It's cheaper to have your car checked and fixed (if anything to fix). The mazda 3 2004-2008, including the speed3 and 3MPS, is one of the few indestructible cars in this price range manufactured in the last 10 years. Why trade it?!
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

wife said it sounds like its gona break....buy a new one... lol
ok, so Im testing everything I can think of. I fitted a friend's BOV to see if the results will be the same. Did a run and made around 168wkw with 0.8 bar boost and load of about 1.6 from a requested 1.8. Then fitted my OEM BOV, did a run and noticed a power loss. So might be leaking some air from the OEM BPV.

This morning I thought that seeing that the WGDC % is so low, I will increase it a bit midrange to see if it would increase the boost in that area. Changed it to gradually increase from 65% @ 2500rpm to 78% @ 4500rpm and then go down again. Did a log and and yes.... no flippen change what so ever. First and second gear feels very strong. Did a second gear rolling start and snapped to 3rd and had a MAP of 2bar....how do u explain this? This was a load of 1.7 and maf was just 217 g/s.... 3rd and 4th feels very slow in comparison to the lower gears, but this is probably because its not boosting properly.