power less than stock after flash...

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED3/MAZDASPEED Axela/Mazda 3 MPS vehicles
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: power less than stock after flash...

Post by mituc »

When I looked at your tune it had a few strange settings in some areas. I suggest to try the base map (eventually the base map for cars with high flow DP if you have any) with nothing else than a MAF cal and see where you are.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I actually did that when i noticed the problem. Just base map with my maf cal. Still did it. I created a new map from scratch, with no values changed. I changed some load, throttle, fuel and maf values. Timing is still oem values. Immediatly when i got in the car i felt the pedal is stiffer when accelerating. That to me was a gud sign, meant the powet is back. Btw, i didnt calibrate the app. Did a wot log and power was around 165wkw, so now im only 10wkw short from where I was. Still have to change the ignition and exhaust timing. The power is at less boost, thats what i dnt get. I get more load, less boost and now with this map almosy the same power...how is that even possible?

Waiting for my fmic, should be here in around 2weeks time. Then also replacing my dp with a proper 304 stainless steel one and then also doing the rest of the exhaust. Hopefully that will get me closer to 190wkw
Tuned with Image by Image
Rich990

Post by Rich990 »

Kev are you able to open the EcuTek Map in the VersaTuner Tune editor?

Would be interesting to see what settings Nasen programmed.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I tried everyway possible to do it, but no luck. It was insane fast at 220wkw and 450wnm. Was my backup tune so when I reverted back to stock i planted it and car immediatly knocked 5deg...so yeah...just gona delete it :(
Car seems better but i still cant get the boost up 2 a bar in 3rd and 4th but making close to 170wkw on vd again but nm is a bit down to 322wnm on vd. Not sure how accurate vd is though as the dyno logs looks very weird. Waiting for some $$$ for bigger TB(wife approved), new SS dp, fmic from Rash (coming this month) and full exhaust. Hopefully it can sort my probs out. I actually got beaten by my friends mps which I tuned with his VT last week. And he only has sri and tip with VT, but boosting a bit over a bar...so yes... Fail from my side
Rich990

Post by Rich990 »

ROFL @ (wife approved)
hahahahaha

you gonna have to get some new curtains somewhere round the house again, hahahahha
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Well, you're not going to believe how many people around here use these FWD compact rockets as family cars and have a kid seat in the back and a wife scrutinizing permanently all dash instruments to make sure you're not overspeeding, or in my case over-revving or overboosting. :burnrubber
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

That's how I blagged the wife into getting it. "look love, rear doors for the baby seat... it's a family car"

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

My wife's the best, when theres a GTI on the road she's like theres an easy target love. take him down...lol. She wants a tuned Corsa Opc... She loves it when I race, i can go 250 km/h and she'll just be giggling and laughing
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Ok, so i think ive sorted part of my problem. My cai has a 45deg bend before the filter and I never had it on so my filter was on the straight piece of pipe which the maf sensor is on. So today i thought let me try and put that bend in so that the filter goes to the wheel well and not behind the radiator.

After the installation, i went for a drive, planted it and hit boost of 1.25bar excl baro. Knock was like 5deg... Had the fright of my life. Loaded the 91US/95UK map and immediatly did a 20% maf correction. Did a wot log and I was still around 15% off Desired and actual OL cals. Added 10%, and did another wot log. So, now things seems better, but now only hitting 3.8V. Load is also only 1.45. I didnt up the loads as I almost crapped my pants when I saw boost of 1.25bar. Got an air straightener, going to install tomorrow, hopefully it'll sort my voltages out. So now its granny driving for a proper maf cal
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Also, power is up around 10wke and 30wnm. Torque is more than previous tunes from 3000 - 5000, so the car feels much faster and stronger as the avg power is so much more