power less than stock after flash...

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED3/MAZDASPEED Axela/Mazda 3 MPS vehicles
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Hi Guys

Hope you are all doing well.

I have a bit of a problem. Before the last tune, the car made around 175wkw and 341wnm.
I know its not much, much im at 5400ft altitude and the turbo doesnt like that at all. Also, BATS are killing me.

Now, my problem:

Last night I increased my requested loads to 2. Flashed the map and went for a drive.
Car felt good through the gears, but when I did 2 WOT logs in 4th the car was way down on power.
Checked on VD and power was like 150wkw....

Thought it might be the turbo overworking so I lowered the loads to 1.7 and changed the AFR to 11.6.
Did a WOT log and power was down to 138wkw....Upped loads to 1.8 and same thing....

How the hell...this is really not cool and I dont know what to check. The other gears are boosting 1.1bar but 4th is boosting like 0.8bar.

My mods are, 3" cai, 3" TIP, DP, Decat and then VT
Attachments
Data log2.csv
(12.67 KiB) Downloaded 409 times
Data log.csv
(12.02 KiB) Downloaded 433 times
Kevin_New v1.10.zip
(33.89 KiB) Downloaded 405 times
Tuned with Image by Image
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Re: power less than stock after flash...

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

Are both of these logs in 4th?
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Yes steve, both in 4th
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

The BAT's are not the problem here. The highest I've seen in your logs was like 65C which is just fine.
Your car simply doesn't seem bo be boosting. 1.6BAR MAP means that the actual boost is like 0.6-0.7BAR. Also, look at the load, it's like 1.3-1.4, way below the stock limit of 1.6, and way way below your requested target.
Same for MAF g/s, you should be flowing at least 230g/s, while you barely hit 200g/s in the first log.

However, the MAF calibration seems to be fine, the desired and actual lambda match perfectly.

You may want to take a look at the absolute limits -> closed loop - open loop load threshold for 4th gear. You've set those pretty high, I guess the cl-ol transition is pretty weird there.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I cant get my maf g/s up. I personally think its something to do with my CAI. Im barely hitting 4V, the actual load is around 20% less than what im requesting which is about right for the altitude im at. The highest ive had requesting 1.8, is around 1.525. Car has 100k on the clock. Not sure if the turbo is maybe on its way out. Very frustrating. maybe i have a boost leak somewhere
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Mituc, are u talking about the closed loop to open APP threshold 4 or closed loop to open loop load threshold 4?
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

Start simple, boost leak check and then go from there.

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Gona check that 2nite. Gave it some on the way to work this morning. Amb temps where around 20deg C, and not 1 gear went close to a bar boost. 0.7-0.8 bar max. Filter started to sounded funny since sat...sounds like its sucking more...might be boosted air escaping somewhere
Rich990

Post by Rich990 »

havent looked at the logs yet, but how is your fuel pressure & IPW looking Kev?
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Hey Rich, as far as i know i dont have any fuelling issues. Fp has never dropped below 1600psi when going WOT. Im gona take everything out tonight and reinstall. Hopefully its just a small boost leak somewhere, didnt log FP, but will tonight. Rash busy with some R&D for FP internal upgrades, hopefully we can all get that sorted soon.