New tunes added to the tune database

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED3/MAZDASPEED Axela/Mazda 3 MPS vehicles
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

I have added two new high flow DP/Exhaust tunes to the tune database. I also cleaned up the Base 93/98 Octane tune. There were two ignition tables that were modified that shouldn't have been, and an overload table that needed to be modified to match the normal table.

Please provide any feedback you may have.
OMISPEED3

Re: New tunes added to the tune database

Post by OMISPEED3 »

Steve, I wish if maybe we can have a base tune in the future for big turbo guys using 3" MAF.

Sent from my Classic EVO!
Tuned with Image
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

That is tricky. Very rarely does anyone just strap a GT3071R and a 3" MAF on an otherwise stock car. There are usually other mods that make a large difference in tuning such as exhaust manifold, DP, catback, CAI, FMIC, etc. The farther you get from stock, the harder it is to create a one size fits all tune. I can post a 3" and 3.5" MAF table for people to use as a starting point for the MAF cal. They should at least get the car to start and run well enough to log.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

How about a highflow dp/exhaust tune for 91US/95UK guys?
Tuned with Image by Image
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

I'll add that to the to-do list. Basically I'm going to merge the 91/95 timing tables with the high flow DP accel/decel load multiplier and bcs dc tables. The rest should be pretty much the same.
keridil

Post by keridil »

Steve @ VersaTune wrote:I also cleaned up the Base 93/98 Octane tune. There were two ignition tables that were modified that shouldn't have been, and an overload table that needed to be modified to match the normal table.
Do I have to do the same thing with your Highload 93/98 GrimmSpeed tune?

Cheers.
Mazda 6 MPS, BPV GFB, RX-8 wheels, B8 + Eibach Pro-Kit, CS 3" SRI, GS EBCS (interrupt), CS 3" TMIC, EGR off, HPFP internals, CS catted downpipe, 3 bar MAP, BNRS3, forged engine and stuff
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

OMISPEED3 wrote:Steve, I wish if maybe we can have a base tune in the future for big turbo guys using 3" MAF.
As we know all the car are a bit different even stock. However, they all react in pretty much the same way to the same conservative tunes. But when pushing them harder some may need to stop with the tuning at some point, some others may be tuned a bit better.
When going big turbo there are a lot of parts already changed on the car. All these different parts make a car unique as they have a slightly different impact on how other parts perform. So having an OTS tune for Big Turbo setups simply doesn't work.

You need to start with your MAF CAL (you can probably scale the stock MAF cal up with like 30-40% and start from there) and them make small steps: conservative wastegate duty cycle, up the load targets and adjust the wastegate configuration until you hit the desired load, and then work in timing.

Or get a PERM tune, it's going to get where you want faster and safer.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
OMISPEED3

Post by OMISPEED3 »

mituc wrote:
OMISPEED3 wrote:Steve, I wish if maybe we can have a base tune in the future for big turbo guys using 3" MAF.
As we know all the car are a bit different even stock. However, they all react in pretty much the same way to the same conservative tunes. But when pushing them harder some may need to stop with the tuning at some point, some others may be tuned a bit better.
When going big turbo there are a lot of parts already changed on the car. All these different parts make a car unique as they have a slightly different impact on how other parts perform. So having an OTS tune for Big Turbo setups simply doesn't work.

You need to start with your MAF CAL (you can probably scale the stock MAF cal up with like 30-40% and start from there) and them make small steps: conservative wastegate duty cycle, up the load targets and adjust the wastegate configuration until you hit the desired load, and then work in timing.

Or get a PERM tune, it's going to get where you want faster and safer.
I completely agree, is just hard to start from scratch. :beertoast
Tuned with Image