WGDC at 100%

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED3/MAZDASPEED Axela/Mazda 3 MPS vehicles
lanky_mps

Re: WGDC at 100%

Post by lanky_mps »

mps6dave wrote:Checked my spring and im on the yellow spring no shim and 19psi boost.forge says that's just right and will need the blue spring once 22psi reached .I'd do ya tmic now instead of wasting time messing with other stuff.
Im probably going to do that on wednesday night. Might aswell try the simple stuff first.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Don't put the 22PSI spring! That will make the valve to crack open at 22PSI of pressure applied to the piston, not 22PSI of boost, so most probably it will never actually fully open and the air will be pushed back to the turbine wheel.
For 20-22PSI of boost a valve opening at 14-18PSI should be fine. This means that the pressure difference between the location of the valve on the cold pipe or wherever it is (before the throttle plate) and intake manifold is at least 14PSI to crack open it.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

I was thinking a leak in the intercooler but that would show signs of a boost leak (rich afr)? which it can't be because her swapped back to the corksport intake and just changed the maf cal to the old values and it was spot on. The only thing that has changed in the whole time though has been the intercooler which is why it's puzzling. I would try the stock bpv and see what happens. I have 4 other tunes from different cars and they all run more load without hitting more than 90% wgdc :? :banghead
Tuned with Image by Image

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
mps6dave

Post by mps6dave »

Hang on skip.you hit the nail on the head then swerved off the rd.bov I think is good.like you said was OK before.the only thing that's different is that pants fmic.get it off and put the stock tmic back on.it might be a restrictive core( is common on them cores) you may have 20 psi before the cooler but 15psi after.