MPS 3 mk1 downpipe map

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED3/MAZDASPEED Axela/Mazda 3 MPS vehicles
joey

MPS 3 mk1 downpipe map

Post by joey »

Hi,

When will the map for the 95EU fuel and high flow downpipe be made? I see there is one for the 98ron, but not for the 95ron? I want the timing off that map as I'm running a high flow dp with the stock timing. I would like to get the additional power from the dp tuned into the timing of my current map.

Cheers
Jo
Versatune,FMIC,3"SRI,3"TIP,HKSSSQv4,3"Turboback,Devil'sOwnWMIStg2kit,AutotechHPFP,JBREGRdelete,JBRBSD&Baffleplate,RacingLogiccoilovers,TRZTMM,AWRPMM,SURERMM,SUREShortcut&Counterweight,SUREg/knob,ApexiTT,HDIStg2Evoboostcontroller
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: MPS 3 mk1 downpipe map

Post by mituc »

Just fuel your car with the 95RON gas and watch for knock. But more power and cheap gas will not live together for long.
Anyway, if you check the sticker on the fuel cap you will see something like "98RON unleaded only".
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
joey

Post by joey »

mituc wrote:Just fuel your car with the 95RON gas and watch for knock. But more power and cheap gas will not live together for long.
Anyway, if you check the sticker on the fuel cap you will see something like "98RON unleaded only".
We have good fuel in South Africa, but mainly 95ron. All I want is to take advantage of the dp, as I'm running the base 95EU's timing with a freeflow dp(No cats). Can I increase the timing at wot by 0.5% and watch out till i hit some kr, then backoff the timing again?
Versatune,FMIC,3"SRI,3"TIP,HKSSSQv4,3"Turboback,Devil'sOwnWMIStg2kit,AutotechHPFP,JBREGRdelete,JBRBSD&Baffleplate,RacingLogiccoilovers,TRZTMM,AWRPMM,SURERMM,SUREShortcut&Counterweight,SUREg/knob,ApexiTT,HDIStg2Evoboostcontroller
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

That's the way I would do it, you could raise load targets as well.
Tuned with Image by Image

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
joey

Post by joey »

Ok cool! I'm happy i'm on the right track then. How would you suggest me adding the 5% in timing? Can I select a couple of fields and add 0.5?
JUT

Post by JUT »

Take a WOT log and see what load values you hit at each RPM point (3500, 4000,4500 and so on). Then if you don't have any knock showing at any of those given RPM's, I would add 0.25 or 0.5 in the cell that corresponds to the rpm / load point in the Open Loop Base Timing Extended table.

More logging followed by more adjustments - takes a while :thumbup
2005 Mazda 6 MPS
BNR Stage 2 Turbo, DNP Manifold, CP-e Safe Seals, Corksport "RAMAIR" FMIC / Intake, 3" TBE, HPFP Internals, Forge BPV, EGR Delete, VTCS Delete, H&R Springs, Blistein B8 Dampers, Whiteline Rear ARB, Tuned with Image
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

When you get close to the kmock threshold with your timing, you will see seasonal differences in knock. So, keep in mind that a tune done in winter may not be as knock free in summer.
joey

Post by joey »

JUT wrote:Take a WOT log and see what load values you hit at each RPM point (3500, 4000,4500 and so on). Then if you don't have any knock showing at any of those given RPM's, I would add 0.25 or 0.5 in the cell that corresponds to the rpm / load point in the Open Loop Base Timing Extended table.

More logging followed by more adjustments - takes a while :thumbup
Thx I will do that! My latest log is attached, please dont look at my CL LTFT%. I was recalibrating a new CAI. I left my OL values, thats why the are on par.
Attachments
31 July 2012.zip
CL and OL log
(406.92 KiB) Downloaded 568 times