launch control is not working when setting it to 3800rpm

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED3/MAZDASPEED Axela/Mazda 3 MPS vehicles
crashdan

launch control is not working when setting it to 3800rpm

Post by crashdan »

Hi

My launch control is not working when setting it to 3800rpm.

Could you please help me with this launch control its going to 5200rpm by itself even when i set it to 3800rpm.
I have returned it to stock and reloaded the map to test and it still on 5200 rpm :(

Also have attached my MAP can you check it for me. I have 2nd Cat delete. CAI and TIP 76mm.
Attachments
Steve's Custom v1.11.rar
(70.92 KiB) Downloaded 605 times
Ricardo_yen

Re: launch control is not working when setting it to 3800rpm

Post by Ricardo_yen »

Hello Dan,

Another RSA member, cool, Relook at you settings, MAX SPEED FOR LAUNCH, LAUNCH CONTROL LIMIT, MIN ACC PEDAL POS., when you launch make sure you at a stop, and the you got your accelerate in such that you are at 98% or higher with acc pedal pos. Basically floor it !!,

Good Luck bud, if you looking for local help, speak to Jo, Kev, or Saint..........
crashdan

Post by crashdan »

Hi Ricardo

I got Steve in RSA to check and my settings and they are correct but its not applying it.
Tried 3 times setting it to 3800 and foot flat it limits on 5200. :(

Also need to get a proper tune for my car :( only done MAF calibrations
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

When you're testing your launch control make sure the following conditions are met:
1. clutch down to the floor;
2. vehicle speed is BELOW then one you set when you flashed the tune (or set in the custom profile);
3. make sure you step on the acceleration pedal very fast, because if the APP is below the 98% threshold if will miss the LC point and will rev up to the red line. So just jump on it instantly. I have the LC rpm limit set to 2800rpm and I need to be very quick when I step on the acceleration, so I know :)
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
crashdan

Post by crashdan »

Mines Broken :( and still waiting for steve to reply to me :(
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

man, it can't be. You either did not enable it when you flashed your map (it's not part of the map, this options are different) or you don't do something right.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
crashdan

Post by crashdan »

Ok seems i was doing it wrong. :( have to push petrol flat quickly like very quick in order for it to work. Thanks MITUC for the info :)
Ricardo_yen

Post by Ricardo_yen »

Haha,

I feel so hurt, when I told you to "floor it", what did you think i meant................... the one thing I knew,................

Hope its working, and enjoy the Launch control, just dont waste the tires for nothing, only use it when you taking down those GTI DSG's............ lol, :drive
crashdan

Post by crashdan »

LOL sorry Ricardo :) I fully understand the floor it but i didnt take it as really quickly FLAT when you said it. my bad :(
Having fun so far tho. You leave south africa ?