First timer using VT with maf calibration(I think)

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED3/MAZDASPEED Axela/Mazda 3 MPS vehicles
mitsirfishi

First timer using VT with maf calibration(I think)

Post by mitsirfishi »

Hi there guys first time ive come to use this and i can say its great and simple to use and done the recommendations and taken a log of maf calibration. Considering im doing it on behalf of a friend :biggrin and looking to getting my own mazda 3 MPS in the future ;)

Initially I had put the base 93/98 map on and we had gone out for a steady 20 mile drive then went for some 3rd gear flat out action and the car would pick up a little better but noticed a difference high end of the rev band and noticed no boost increase,So we went for the jalapeno medium map :biggrin2 and whooooooa nellly! she was boosting 19psi and defiantly more thump everywhere can say I am impressed.

here is a copy of the first log that we had done any input would be muchly appreciated if anything needs ironing out.

Current Modifications to car HTP turbo inlet pipe & HPS short ram intake system running on shell V-Power.

Thanks Karl
Attachments
VersaTuner Logs.zip
first maf log
(536.51 KiB) Downloaded 646 times
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: First timer using VT with maf calibration(I think)

Post by mituc »

Your MAF cal needs a bit more work mate. The fuel trims vary too much. Of course, this is their meaning, to vary and lead to real information, but if they vary so much it's not really helping.
Anyway, only 20 miles of "steady" driving is far from being enough for the ECU to learn the closed loop trims. 100 miles of mixed driving (ideally 75% city) may be more appropriate.
As for the open loop part of the MAF cal, yours seem to be a bit lean until 4.5V, then it's perfect around 4.52-4.53V or so, and then it gets a bit rich. This is at least what we can tell from this huge log with no MAF g/s and knock retard recorded, so leave the short therm trims out and add maf g/s and knock retard just to understand why at some point you run a bit richer (even if at this moment it's not the case for you).
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
mitsirfishi

Re: First timer using VT with maf calibration(I think)

Post by mitsirfishi »

Right its been a while sinse ive been able to get a logging session done on the car I have had some fresh plugs put in NGK Iridium IX one grade colder and gapped them down to the right gapping and some fresh oil in and gone out for a logging.

So here are the results from the things you told me to add and remove from the maf calibration.
Attachments
maf cal 2.zip
maf cal 2
(477.73 KiB) Downloaded 602 times