Requested Load Multiplier Accel/Deccel Adjusment

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED3/MAZDASPEED Axela/Mazda 3 MPS vehicles
OMISPEED3

Requested Load Multiplier Accel/Deccel Adjusment

Post by OMISPEED3 »

Can somebody explain more about these tables? I saw another post but there's no explanation about it.
Tuned with Image
skiptownmcat

Re: Requested Load Multiplier Accel/Deccel Adjusment

Post by skiptownmcat »

It's basically a multiplier for the final load request at a given rpm point when changing gear. It prevents over boosting when changing up or down the gears while gunning it.
Tuned with Image by Image

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
OMISPEED3

Post by OMISPEED3 »

If these tables can help to reduce the back firing between shift? Since I'm running BT I have some sporadic backfire, and btw the bov is fully recirculated.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Tuned with Image
skiptownmcat

Post by skiptownmcat »

I don't think it will help that sounds more like a fuelling issue.
Tuned with Image by Image

Su tmic/corksport intake/kmd internals/grimmspeed ebcs/jbr ssp/forge bpv/3" custom tbe
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

The accel/decel tables work in both ways as far as I remember, both when upshifting or downshifting.

However, I second skiptowncat about the fueling issue. Backfiring means either fuel injected into the exhaust stroke or unburnt fuel exploding when exiting the exhaust due too less air just before the load decrease. You're either running too rich or your BPV has a too stiff spring.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Steve @ VersaTune
Lead tuner

Post by Steve @ VersaTune »

What high pressure fuel pump are you using. What is your fuel pressure target set to? Do you see the pressure sensor pegged at max when you shift?
OMISPEED3 wrote:If these tables can help to reduce the back firing between shift? Since I'm running BT I have some sporadic backfire, and btw the bov is fully recirculated.

OMISPEED3

Post by OMISPEED3 »

I'm using CP-E HPFP and is set to 1,800 psi. On my logs, I didn't see nothing weird.
Tuned with Image
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

How are your LTFT's and eventually actual versus commanded AFR/lambda at WOT? I see you have the SURE seals, maybe something is leaking there.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
OMISPEED3

Post by OMISPEED3 »

Well bad news, I made a boost leak test yesterday and I found my compressor is leaking by the o ring seal between the compressor and plate. Let me see if I can replace that during the week.

Tuned with Image