Not hitting load targets

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED3/MAZDASPEED Axela/Mazda 3 MPS vehicles
Enki

Not hitting load targets

Post by Enki »

2009 MS3
Stock injectors only

Here's the TLDR:
Except for spoolup, actual load is 0.100 to 0.180 under lowest target.

What's been checked:
Every table in load targeting section has been checked/modified; High BAT and Low BAT load by gear is identical and are the lowest set values.

Every table in boost control section has been checked/modified to be higher than actual.

Absolute limits are higher than actual.

MAFCAL is under 10%.

WGDC base is higher than actual, again, only for spoolup is it on target. After that, it's being adjusted lower.

Max IDC set to 105%; not going over 95%.

Is this normal for first gen 3s to undershoot load targets, or have I missed a common minor configuration change? Is this a bug? I'm at my wits end here, and really don't want to do WGDC only targeting.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Dolfius

Re: Not hitting load targets

Post by Dolfius »

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3288

I'm still in te process of investigating this with my own gen1.
Enki

Post by Enki »

Yeah I've read your thread. I vaguely remember having similar issues in the AP where I had to overshoot by .1 but I could be mistaken on that and it's been a long time since I've tuned.
Enki

Post by Enki »

Almost a month later and this is still an issue with no answers...
Polish_Eagle

Post by Polish_Eagle »

I'd recommend posting a log and the tune file so it can help them possibly troubleshoot the issue with you.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

In the meanwhile I exchanged a few messages and files with Enki with no success. Not only that the logs plateau at load 2.0-ish, but the ECU is actually pulling wastegate to do so while that limit is nowhere to be found in the tune any more. So honestly at least I was not able to figure this out.

I'm currently discussing with another versatuner user at this point about a totally different issue but I noticed the same behaviour on a different car.

Maybe Ugius and/or Steve should step in...
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Not sure if it's something related to some ECUs or if a sensor is acting weird and makes the ECU do this.
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Dolfius

Post by Dolfius »

Seems like a Gen1 issue then at the moment. But also not all Gen1 ECU's. Weird and frustrating though.
Enki

Post by Enki »

I think there are small differences between the 09 and earlier model genwons. I want to say I had a similar issue with ATR but I don't recall exactly. It wasn't as big of a problem on ATR because I could just dial boost and do hybrid tunes that effectively worked around this issue.

Edit:
Mituc, don't think for a moment that I don't appreciate your time, because I do; I'd just like to be done with this issue and move on knowing that when I double my fuel allocation with Aux later on that I'll be able to dial a number and hit it the first time.
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

Enki wrote:Edit:
Mituc, don't think for a moment that I don't appreciate your time, because I do; I'd just like to be done with this issue and move on knowing that when I double my fuel allocation with Aux later on that I'll be able to dial a number and hit it the first time.
Don't worry man, it's just as frustrating for me as for everybody else.
I just hope the VT guys will fix this, must be some table or value which was not exposed yet and that these newer gen1 ECUs have (or maybe they all do but it's used in some specific situations).
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7