ECU calibration and OTS tunes

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED3/MAZDASPEED Axela/Mazda 3 MPS vehicles
Cyberdutch

Re: ECU calibration and OTS tunes

Post by Cyberdutch »

mituc wrote: February 24th, 2021, 9:08 am Your log doesn't look that good. During that 4th gear pull did you notice any wheel slip up to about 5000rpm, or was the pull done on a bent road? It looks like traction control was working a bit considering how irregularly the engine speed is increasing but I'd rather ask you if you felt anything.
Thanks for taking your time to look at the log. The pull was done on a slightly bent road and during a lane change. Not ideal, i know...
I did not notice wheelslip, but there could be some slip while i crossed the white painted roadmarkings.
mituc wrote: February 24th, 2021, 9:08 am About the fuel rail pressure, its progression is normal and when you let off the acceleration pedal that fuel needs to go through the pressure relief valve, so you may see a short fuel rail pressure spike when that happens.
The fuel rail pressure target varies with load and RPM so it's normal to have smaller FRP values during low load or engine braking situations.
I was a little confused because the FRP stayed around a constant 1770psi for a while after the pressure spike of around 2020psi, while i kept letting off the acceleration pedal. FRP was going to a smaller value at around 4000rpm while engine braking in the same gear.

I will try to get some cleaner logs, but that will be 3th gear logs at a smooth but rather short straight road nearby.
3th gear WOT log will give also good info, right? Hope the covid curfew will end soon, so i can go make nightly wot logs (less traffic and cars with blue lights :cop )
True Red 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
Mods; Autotech HPFP internals, Corksport SRI with silicone TIP, Corksport stage 2 RMM, GFB response TMS BOV, Solid shifter bushings, Denso ITV22 sparkplugs @ 0.66mm, Blocked EGR pipe and removed EGR DTC.

Tuned with Image by Image
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Post by mituc »

3rd gear will also work just fine as long as you don't experience any wheel slip during the pull.
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Cyberdutch

Post by Cyberdutch »

Will go make some clean logs after the weekend.
True Red 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
Mods; Autotech HPFP internals, Corksport SRI with silicone TIP, Corksport stage 2 RMM, GFB response TMS BOV, Solid shifter bushings, Denso ITV22 sparkplugs @ 0.66mm, Blocked EGR pipe and removed EGR DTC.

Tuned with Image by Image