09 MS3 WOT AFRs

Discussion of tuning specific to MAZDASPEED3/MAZDASPEED Axela/Mazda 3 MPS vehicles
Enki

09 MS3 WOT AFRs

Post by Enki »

So, uh, I'm running the same MAFCAL I was on AP (actually a bit richer now) and it seems I'm hitting my AFR targets...with meth enabled (initial calibration did NOT have it enabled).

So, just spitballing here, but did you guys manage to transplant WOT AFR trimming into genwon from genpu? If so, that's cool and all but I'll need to make some adjustments to the tune/targets...

:?
mituc
VersaTuner guru

Re: 09 MS3 WOT AFRs

Post by mituc »

As far as I remember the versatuner implements the WOT maf learning based on STFTs both for the US spec and non US cars. The Euro/UK had this from the factory, the US cars did not, and versatuner implements this for them as well.

Otherwise the genpu and genwon MAF CALs should be the same even though you may see a little fuel trim variation between the two under similar conditions (same intake, same gas, same place).
2008 Cosmic Blue Mazda 3MPS
Built engine + WMI + GTX3071 gen2, ~509BHP @34PSI
2008 Icy Blue Mazda CX7
Stock engine and exhaust (YES!!), JBR3" + GTX2867 gen2 + Autotech HPFP, self-tuned to 330-ish BHP
Enki

Re: 09 MS3 WOT AFRs

Post by Enki »

Thanks for this info. Time to dial back my AFRs a bit, since I wasn't trying to compensate for running WMI.